Thin Reticle Problem

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by backpacker, Jun 25, 2009.

1. backpacker

backpacker Member

The NF seems great, but dosn't anyone else think that the reticle is too thin? I had a hard time seeing it and feel that it will cause too much frustration in the heat of the moment? NPR-2 is what I was using. Will the FFP scope fix this?

I also think the leupold varmit reticle is also too thin for a long range big game hunting reticle. I'm interested in the TMR reticle but am having a hard time figuring out if it is easier to see than the varmit reticle - Anyone know?

I love the MP-8 reticle, but after reading some threads on this site, I feel like the IOR is sure to break, especially if I am hard on equipment.

2. DropDead

DropDead Well-Known Member

any better for you with illumination on?

3. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

I also have the NP-R2 reticle and I like it very much. Have never had any problems in the field with it in all light conditons. I guess we are all different.

Hope you fing something that works for you.

-MR

4. backpacker

backpacker Member

Helps in low light of course. Guess I haven't tried it during the day. Just dosn't seem like I would need to have it on all the time. I did also have laser eye surgery and lights (illuminated reticle included) are more fuzzy than now than before the surgey.