The World Is Changing Rapidly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buffalobob, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

This is an article on the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources Website

When I went to undergraduate school I did not have access to a computer. Post Vietnam when I went to graduate school we had a tiered access to a Redstone Arsenal cast off mainframe. I find it so amazing that the things I studied so hard to learn such as FORTRAN are nearly extinct and everybody can operate their very own computer. The Utah Division of Wildlife believes that hunters are so computer literate that they do not need to mail draw results anymore.

2. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

I hate ''progress''. It always seems to lead to something I dont like.
    Somebody needs to figure out how to limmit ''change and progress'' to only a few things that will bennifit from it.
    Heres a few examples;
    1-Reloading powder-room for progress, wish I could get some ''superformance'' powder to load with.
    2-Optics-room for progress, finally design the ''perfect'' scope for everyone(although not likely to happen)
    3-Tires-room for progress, Id like to have a set of mudd tires that last more than 30,000 miles
    4-Medical technology-room for change, A cure for cancer would be great!
    **The rest are best kept un-changed or reverted back to the way it used to be**
    IN MY NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION
    Forgive me for kicking and screaming into the 21st century, but I dont know how much ''progress'' I can take. Learning to turn on a computer by myself so I can read L/R/H is as technologicaly advanced as I get.
    Great, now I have a beef with Utah ODFW. I got too many beefs already........

3. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

FORTRAN, man that's the first time I've heard that word used in years. :)