The Violence Policy Center has our number - hornets nest

Coyboy

I did a search for tactical rifles and the VPC site came up. So I thought I would have a look see at what the gun grabbers were thinking.

Not good boys, they are very thorough in demonizing the "sniper rifle" but carry this into Tactical rifles, percision rifles, target rifles and anything with a bull barrel. They start out with the .50 but work their way down to the 308 win.

They discuss what they call the "sniper sub-culture" (meaning us) Who are fasinated with the long kill shot.

I will say they did their reserch and listed about ever custom and factory rifle maker as the destroyers of civilization.

www.vpc.org/graphics/snipcov2.pdf

See what the others think of us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

So...what else is new! These "assholes" claim to be "non-profit" but in the final analysis....that means you spend all the money you collect and then claim...NO PROFIT but the "DickHeads" that have started it are collecting huge mega bucks from the likes of those that WISH....they were in power!

All the more reason....to keep THEM....out of POWER!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wow, that is a seriously well written document -a powerful piece of 'anti' propaganda.
You might take some pleasure in noting that the cover pic is not of a sniper...it's a Brit shouldering an LSW (a crap squad automatic weapon based on the SA80) and not a sniper rifle!

I agree with you Brown Dog that was a good piece of propaganda for the uninitiated. To bad it's not recoganized as such. It is this same insanity which has been used to demonize Women as witches, Blacks as animals, Asians a clever and devious, Hispanics as violent drug lords, etc. I have always wondered why guns are exempted from critical thinking.

I like the part about the 30-30. They make it seem like you could easily pick off people from the fence from 200 yards away, off hand, with a cartrige that has the trajectory of a rainbow, and all while moving. Give me a break! The last wacko that shot at the whitehouse was tackled by a group of on lookers and didn't hurt anyone. VPC is insane.

We have the experience to recognize the overzealous hype VPC puts into there measage. The average ninny who has never picked up a gun, and fears everything unknown, eats this crap up, and takes it for gospel.

There article apears yo be a few years old, if what they say is true it would have happened multiple times since being written.

The dumb bastards never take into account there propoganda may give some nut job the idea of attempting a LR hit. When on his own he never would have fathomed it.

THEY....voted for Gore and Kerry!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Do ya reckon the owner of this site could put us up an icon showing the little guy puking his guts out?????????

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.