The time is growing near .

ol mike

Yup time to start whacking yotes on a regular basis real soon.
End of sept it's on.

My goal is to go three times a week and get at least 100 yotes before march 1st..

I bought several things for hiking light to get back where there are some big mountain bobcats too.
Sure wish i had a 4x4 truck though.

I'm going to have to stop now to get ready for bow season. If i went only three times a week my wife might start thinking i have a girlfriend. I live in bfe so i can go hunting 1 mile in any dir. from my house. To and from work everyday. I'm ate up with the yote hunting

Mike that's the way i want to live -down in behind BFE ,where a guy can grab his pack and rifle and head out hunting.

I moved to idaho several months ago and for now am stuck in a stinking apartment.Hopefully within another year i'm going to find a roost out yonder.

I went through Oklahoma coming here to idaho rolled out hwy 40 from one side of the state to the other -absolutely beautiful state and looks like coyote heaven.

I've traveled a good bit by vehicle and arkansas is another beautiful state.
I love hunting coyotes in the woods -anywhere for that matter- but hunting them in open hardwoods is my favorite.
Best to you -Mike

well if you ever make it to ok again give me a shoot and well go dog hunt. There is plenty around here to keep us busy for a long time

Mountain Bobcat

I was driving up to a spot bowhunting on friday and saw a nice bobcat. First I thought he was a coyote, but by the way he moved you just knew he was a cat. He stopped directly in the middle of the road and watched me for about a minute, about 250 yards down a straight stretch of road.
I second guesed myself thinking he was a coyote just because of his size. Then he scampered off the road, no tail. Of course I had to chase him. Never saw him again.
Season opens in December here, I got one two years ago just by luck. Never know just have those tags handy.

Mikebob

How do you hunt the yotes around your place? Is it in open areas or deep cover?

It is wide open, there are some canyons and hills but mostly wide open grass land, very few trees. Next time i go out i will take some pictures and post them on this thread. I usually just set up on the side of hill, put my 12yr old son down wind, give my 7 yr old daughter the call and say go to town.

len here our some pics of a few honey holes
misc011-1.jpg

misc010.jpg

our steel target shooting range is on the other side of hil in background
misc003.jpg

If you could see me now, you would detect nasty envy that I am not very proud of!

if you look real close im standing on top one hill taking picture of the other one, There is a canyon on the other side of 2nd hill where our range is located
hill.jpg

of course, she has many more hours practice, it keeps her from getting bored and moving around alot, and she is tired by the time the hunt is over so i can take my nap !!!!!

She is very good at it, it didnt take long for her to pick up the sounds from sitting beside me calling. She has called in many of them, sometimes i get so tickled watching her i miss the yote coming in and she says dad what are you doing ,pay attention. I just laugh./

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.