The reason we anneal brass cases.

I am in the process of putting together my on induction annealer and it can be done for about 150 and then a few other materials to connect it up and mount everything to. I think I will be able to do my 300 RUM down to something like 223. It has a digital clock timer and start button. No auto feeding or fancy trap door setup yet but maybe latter. This also included the price of 2 templaq bottle 1 750 and another 475. I will probably finish it up today. This is not my design but someone's off sniper hide. Nice little winter project and excited to see it work after its all put together.
Keep us informed!!

So if you follow the links from sniper hide the power supply it takes you to is only the 5A one so make sure you don't Blindly order that one like I did so now I have to buy another one

The inductor coil would get the entire case warm/ hot in about 10 to 12 seconds but not hot enough to cause any damage cause I was playing hot potatoe with it for about 3 seconds and then had no problem holding it. At first I thought I had blown something up but after hooking an amp meter in the circuit I realized what I had done. 😔 I also double check my order and was thinking man I thought that was really cheap for a power supply. O well live and learn. Will be ordering another one probably tomorrow. I seen a few and I think I seen a 20A one at 24V DC. That would do the trick I think. There are others at 48v DC that have high current also but need to research some more before making an order. I also found some 1/8 inch tubbing to make a coil with that can be water cooled or some type of cooling. This might make for a good option. Will still come out cheaper than any thing on the market.

The inductor coil would get the entire case warm/ hot in about 10 to 12 seconds but not hot enough to cause any damage cause I was playing hot potatoe with it for about 3 seconds and then had no problem holding it. At first I thought I had blown something up but after hooking an amp meter in the circuit I realized what I had done. 😔 I also double check my order and was thinking man I thought that was really cheap for a power supply. O well live and learn. Will be ordering another one probably tomorrow. I seen a few and I think I seen a 20A one at 24V DC. That would do the trick I think. There are others at 48v DC that have high current also but need to research some more before making an order. I also found some 1/8 inch tubbing to make a coil with that can be water cooled or some type of cooling. This might make for a good option. Will still come out cheaper than any thing on the market.
As with any new tool there will be bugs to be worked out.I
Take care to keep case heads relatively cool.

Got the new power supply and it does work better. It will anneal 300 win mag brass almost perfect in about 4 seconds. I think my self made coil has a lot to do with how it is annealling. It will also do the 300 Rum brass in about 5 seconds. 6.5x284 Norman and 6.5 creed will need a different coil size smaller around and possible different amount of turns. It also seems position of where the case is in the coil also effects how long it takes to anneal. The tempalack makes the time dial in pretty easy. I have the 450 and 750. I may need to get the 1000. Also need to find out at what temp the brass is no longer effected so I'm not getting to much heat in the the body of the case. Currently I have about 3 dummy cases to work with for each caliber. I can resize them clean them up and then do it all over again to check my timing for annealing. I wanted to try and work the brass a little each time so it can have some harding put back into the brass.

I really believe that having all necks equally annealled is pretty important to consistent accuracy. Neck tension affects pressure to a greater or lesser degree depending on diameter. I annealing with each firing and lose few cases to neck splitting.
Accuracy is due to consistently, case weight,neck tension correct powder charge (ocw) will take you a long way toward your goal.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.