The Obama Tidal Wave

I don't vote with my morals because I am not retarded
If your morals don't guide your votes, and hence, decisions, what DO you use as a guide? By their very nature and definition, morals are what guide each of us and are formed by our independent thoughts and feelings on every issue. If you are not guided by your morals are you not vulnerable to every liar, cheater, and thief that has a good line?

Like Aaron Tippin puts it, "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything".

Comments like those made really don't surprise me, considering where they are coming from....Missoula, MT, one of the very few flaming liberal hotspots in MT (thanks to the university and the granolas seeking to be one with nature). Conservatives are very much an endangered species until you get outside the city limits.

Would it really be that hard to vote for more than one issue, care about our neighbors, our kids, there kids and everybody else in this country instead of what is good for me, only me and right now? That seems to be the idea I get from alot of people(not on this forum). They vote on religion or they vote on gun rights or they vote on abortion or they vote on saving the planet. How bout and equal balance? I don't think it will ever happen but boy would it be nice. I won't vote solely on gun rights but I also don't agree with shutting the forest's down and riding a 10 speed with spandex. But if the 10 speed with spandex is gonna be better for my children and my single minded neighbor then hey bust out the pink spandex!

I just wish there were some better choices for president. This election I would like to vote for, "none of the above".

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts