The missing link

The heaviest bullet so far is 198gr& has a 15cal ogive a 9 degree x .220 boat tail (cup and core)
and is 1.515 in length with a .060 meplat, anyone care to guess the BC? please...

Marshal

Ron and I are by no means ballisticians:rolleyes:, nor schooled in how to figure the bc of a bullet. Ron's been crunching numbers since day one, kind of settled on .660. We shot side by side yesterday, good wind, up to 4 moa adj at 1K. Me shooting a 7mm saum, 180 Berger hybrid, he the .296, our wind holds were so comparable shot to shot, impacts on the target were virtually identical.

Really can't compare up dopes as I run a 200 yard zero, him, 100. When we left the range yesterday we were thinking it has to in the mid .670 range. After revisiting it last night, with my velocities almost 100fps faster than his, it has to be higher.
I have a second saum, with a more comparable velocity rate, we'll test again, but by the weather forecast, it might be a couple weeks:)

We'll get some numbers for you, the Redneck way!

Performer

.296 SAUM aka 290 USA 198gr bullets@2900 fps and BC of .67s ,not to mention 3800+ft pounds of energy with 63gr MRP.WHO can beat it?gun)

Hey Marshal we need some .296 bullets that can keep up with 230gr Berger hybrid can it be done?? I would love to try them in the 290 Ambrose.....:)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.