The LRKM is Just about ready for production

Very nice, beautiful rig!! I would like to know your definition of off hand though.:) I doubt it would work well for muley's in the cedars.

No, it is not R33, not trying to tease you guys just letting you know where we are at. I'll release all the detail when I am finished testing. It swings pretty slow but it is offhand shootable, I'll shoot some offhand groups and post them.

No, it is not R33, not trying to tease you guys just letting you know where we are at. I'll release all the detail when I am finished testing. It swings pretty slow but it is offhand shootable, I'll shoot some offhand groups and post them.

Sweet! It is a beautiful rig.

I was watching military ch. on sniper rifles, and reminded me of a 308/338 bullpup switch barrel they had, might be able to work that into design in future. I really like it, get some black and OD ON THAT beast and dress it up:D

shawn,
Can you provide a little more technical info, pictures,on your rifle system. How the barrel nut assembly works, how the tube is attached to the stock? What keeps the scope and muzzle pointed in the same direction and has it been successfully done before? What were the chalenges of the trigger assembly? What does the stock weight?

I won't lay out how we did certain things or how we overcame certain obsticles so that someone else can duplicate our R&D work (3 years worth), but I will tell you that no one to my knowledge has made a bullpup design this short before so no no one else has proven the design that I am aware of. We designed the complete trigger assembly, linkage, and remote trigger from scratch. The tube simply bolts to the stock with 2 bolts. As far as keeping the scope and barrel pointed in the same direction, based on the accuracy and repeatability we are seeing so far I have no concerns there. Point of fact the design has side stepped some accuracy issues associated with conventional designs. I nshort it incorperates all of the features and design ideas I have always wanted in a long range rifle, performance points - 3100 fps, 1/4 MOA, single digit ES, not temperature sensitive, totaly repeatable and still retains the ability to fired accuratly from positions other than prone. To this end I could not be happier with the finished product. Hope this answers your questions while keeping in sight that certain things I just am not taking pictures of or telling about, sorry.

Shooting the LRKM from offhand, no support, no sling. 100 yards very comfortable and almost perfectly balanced, the balance point resting right between your hands.

LRKMOHPOSITION.jpg

3 shots at 100 yards, first group fired offhand from the LRKM, I will shoot some 5 and 10 round strings to see how the almost 16 lb weight effects long term position but for a few rounds very stable.

LRKMOFFHAND.jpg

Great job, same position I was taught in HS, smallbore, can be effective as you have shown when practiced.

I won't lay out how we did certain things or how we overcame certain obsticles so that someone else can duplicate our R&D work (3 years worth), but I will tell you that no one to my knowledge has made a bullpup design this short before so no no one else has proven the design that I am aware of. We designed the complete trigger assembly, linkage, and remote trigger from scratch. The tube simply bolts to the stock with 2 bolts. As far as keeping the scope and barrel pointed in the same direction, based on the accuracy and repeatability we are seeing so far I have no concerns there. Point of fact the design has side stepped some accuracy issues associated with conventional designs. I nshort it incorperates all of the features and design ideas I have always wanted in a long range rifle, performance points - 3100 fps, 1/4 MOA, single digit ES, not temperature sensitive, totaly repeatable and still retains the ability to fired accuratly from positions other than prone. To this end I could not be happier with the finished product. Hope this answers your questions while keeping in sight that certain things I just am not taking pictures of or telling about, sorry.

Maybe I've been here too long, but didn't Dave Wilson build a bullpup Edge on a Russo laminate a few years ago that was shorter?

IIRC his was 40" with a 29" barrel.

I love the LRKM, I just had to razz you a bit.:)

He started his about the same time I had the modular bullpup idea (we even trade notes about design issues) I remmeber the rifle but don't remember it being any shorter, I could be wrong though. I beleive he ran a 29-30" barrel and shorter brake with modified XP100 trigger linkage.

Make it an AutoLoader and Barret will go out of business. A rifle that can shoot out to 2K yards (or so) and can also be fired off hand.

I am not going to lie. It looks like a red headed step child. It is UGLY, some color will help it out. I do not believe (as you said) looks matter when you have a rifle of this ability. But i would be embarassed to take it to the range until i could shoot it well.

Seriously though think about trying to market this to the Military. You could replace the Rem 700's and most of the barrets. (Make a 50 as well and you might run them out of business)

I am just curious as to the final price of this machine.

I am a poor college kid so it will be out of my price range.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.