The LRKM is Just about ready for production

Shawn, I got real excited when I saw this post because I thought maybe that was my rifle. That one is exactly what I ordered from you..............except that one is left-handed. Darn! I'll try and be patient a little bit longer.

I was going to ask for price, but then I remember what I heard at a Ferrari dealer one time. "If you have to ask you cant afford it."

All kidding aside just the other day I was thinking about a tube gun setup exactly like what you did.

Lookin good Shawn. Man the compact package with a 30" tube looks great to me for packing. Plus the ballance has to be awesome. I would really like to test drive the LRMK one of these days. I bet she is a sweet machine off the bipod and a bag. I'm thinking it would stay right on target.

Jeff

I have to say that there is nothing attractive to me about that setup but the +P Edge concept is great and if you made it it is undoubtedly a shooter.
That being said I have friends that have married less than perfect looking women but that does not make them bad people..........That setup is just not hot in my eyes. Different strokes for different folks. Im sure many will love it though!

Much Thanks to you and Kirby for constantly pushing the envelope for the rest of our bennefit.

Nice job. My pack gun w/26'' braked is 48'' long, and it just barely fits my up right carry in Jeep off roll cage. You have a very long barrel in a nice package, impressive ballistics also

The LRKM is not for everyone, I had one mission in mind when I started with it. THat was to build what I though was the most effective long range hunting platform that I could, looks were not even considered and still aren't. Reducing OAL was a key issue, increasing performance in both velocity relative to length and accuracy were also high on the list. It is true that the balance point is very neautral and shootingit offhand is quite easy. Position shooting is awesome compared to a conventional rifle. Glad you guys like it.

The LRKM is not for everyone, I had one mission in mind when I started with it. THat was to build what I though was the most effective long range hunting platform that I could, looks were not even considered and still aren't. Reducing OAL was a key issue, increasing performance in both velocity relative to length and accuracy were also high on the list. It is true that the balance point is very neautral and shootingit offhand is quite easy. Position shooting is awesome compared to a conventional rifle. Glad you guys like it.
Also it might actually fit in a gun case. My Remy barely fits in the case and the case is so stinking big I practically have to trailor it to the range.

I like the looks of it almost like a space gun. I think it needs some kind of paint tho too much shiny.

Will it work with say AI mags? or is it single shot only?

How does the rail/ scope setup stay accurate mounted on the free floating hand guard ?

The production version will be anodized in tan, black or OD green. Noe of them iwll go out in the "white". The tube is more then stiff enough to support the scope rail. You should note that the under side of the tube is supported by the stock for quite aways.

Here is the righthand view some of you asked for, showing the cheekpiece layout for a lefthand shooter. The cheekpieces come in 1/8" increments. As an update with the +P round the throating design is allowing us to use some other powders, we are currently testing a powder that is giving 3100 fps with the Berger 300gr Hybrid, ES of 6-8 fps, 1/4 moa accuracy, and single digit temperature sensitivity. I will release more on this later after we have completed testing as I do not want to prematurely release anything until I am sure it is the ticket (it does look extremely promising).

LRKMRH.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.