The little green 7mm AM strikes again!!!

Congratulations Kirby on a great buck and a great shot. I am heading to Montana(my first trip) Your pictures have me fired up more than I was. Great job

Here are a few more pics that show off the rack a little better.

1021Base_mass_rear-med.jpg

The rear view of this buck really shows off his massive bases. THe right base is 6 1/8" and the left is an even 6" circumference.

1021Base_mass-med.jpg

This pic shows some of the stickers at the bases of his rack and also another view of the mass of the base and eyeguards.

10212006_whitetail_rack_II-med.jpg

This pic give you a better idea of his size compared to my ugly mug. No I am not smiling. We had just finished butchering three deer including two large mule deer bucks and that was after I pulled my buck out of the creek drainage by myself. I was a bushed fella in that pic.

Now I am just sore!!! I am getting old and in a hurry!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby has elevated to the next level... firing a warning shot is the only fair and ethical way to harvest big game. The mark of a true sportsman. I myself like to fire a few such warning shots just to make it fair!! HA HA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Again Kirby, **** fine buck!!!

SWEEEEEEEEETT shot and story once more! the story teller still has it! aw yea! lets not forget the awsome Buck! he is a fine looking animal, Kirby what is your favorite tasting big game animal? I think it is a toss up between whitetail and elk for me.
Thanks for the hunt again at 5:30 AM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey there Mr. Fifty,

That's one nice buck! Just saw this thread, I don't know how it got by me as I like to read the hunting stories on this board first, and I usually make sure to read your threads.

Anyway, Congratulations on a fine whitetail. The rear view pic of him gives a good estimation on his rack size when viewed from the perspective of his brain to horn ratio.
The horn ratio on this deer is very high!

Look forward to your next report,
Vic

Amigo, I'm a little late but still enjoying your writing, hunting and shooting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm glad you missed the first shot, that gives you and many of us more experience that will better prepare us for future hunts, God Willing!
Awesome shot; I don't care what anyone says, 745 yards on a deer is a loooooooooooooooonnnnnngggggg ways. Congratulations! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.