The Claw

All great questions, Cruizin. I personally, can shoot well past 1000yds and easily hit a dinner plate at that distance shooting off The Claw. Just a few weeks ago as a demonstration I shot a balloon at 800 (1 shot) and 1035 yds (2 shot) on video. The only reason the 1035 yd shot took 2 shots was because with that particular rifle I had only confirmed the ballistics out to 1000 yds. My software (Nightforce) only has 50 yd increments past 1000 yds. There was a difference of 3.25 MOA from 1000 to 1050 yds and I shot 4 " high on the plate the first shot. Once I adjusted to the then discovered MOA for 1035, I nailed it. This is not a great feat as we and most on this site shoot well past that yardage accurately but this was on video for a demo so it is confirmed in order to answer your question.

One thing I do want to emphasize is that, contrary to your last comment, The Claw provides MUCH more than any shooting sticks. Please visit the website and look under the Benefits tab to see all that it provides (not saying that in order to drive traffic there, just too lazy to type them over and over). So worst case scenario, if The Claw can provide you even just the same accuracy as your shooting sticks you are gaining much, much more. The fact is though that when you learn to shoot off The Claw you can greatly improve your accuracy over any other shooting support. We are very confident in that. We are serious hunters ourselves and would not use the product if it didn't do what we say it can do. That's the truth.

As far as whether or not the benefits The Claw provides is worth its cost is a question only you can answer. We, and those who have experience shooting The Claw, feel it more than pays for itself in allowing for opportunities for success!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.