The Canadian federal gov is taking our handguns away

Didn't know you guys had handguns. My Canadian bear outfitter told me that he couldn't get one. His sole source of defense against a bear attack was the double bladed axe which he carried religiously.

Hpoe they don't take that too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And the Canadian voters are going to let them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6mm,
Sad news mate, the problem is these government ministers, even though they are supposed to be your representatives once they have got together and decided that this sort of legislation is good for the people, no amount of lobbying, petitions or complaining will change their mind.
You only need to look here at the UK?????

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Yes we can get handguns up here. But we are restricted to firing them at a registered range. I hope the Liberals don't get back in power but it is looking like they will right now.

All do respect !

Why do the people of canada let the gov't. push them around?

Alot of people might think I sound like a right wing/militia nut but -when/if- the gov't here in the u.s.a. decides to take my guns >>> they had better come well armed !! I WILL NOT GIVE UP MINE EVEN IF IT MEANS MY LIFE..

Canadains and many others should have the same mindset!
There is no reason in the world that a law abiding citizen should not be able to be armed.
Best of luck Mike

Too many big city people that only see handguns (or any gun) used to kill people. Not enough gun owners to fight the non gun owners. Just look at the mass amount of cash that has gone into gun registration in the last few years. What the hell has that done for crime prevention. Where I live the registration laws are not even enforced unless a bad crime is comitted. Oh so happy to be in canada. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

We have the nra and other organizations that keep us informed and they are on the front lines.
Does Canada have anything like that ?

People in this country can vote for anything they want if the representatives aren't helping you -get rid of them.They can vote in queer marriages ,waste my tax dollars ,make movies about queer cowboys but you mess with "my" rights ,i'm not going to take it!!
If someday they vote gun ownership out I can assure you there will be hell to pay.I've read our constitution and bill of rights and my rights will not be infringed upon by some liberals!!
It is easy to just go with the flow ,I catch myself doing it sometimes,but sometimes you have to take drastic measures.
I personally believe things might be going the other way here in the USA .If you lay-out the facts if front of people they will still argue and that just proves an old saying "never argue with an idiot".
I sure hope your country can get back on the right track someday .Good luck Mike Eversole

2006, will see the 10th anniversary of the terrible murders of 15 children and their teacher at Dunblane Scotland.
In the eyes of the authorities Britain has been "Pistol Free" for 9 years after the British government banned, NO! let me rephrase that, re-categorized pistols to dis-allow possession by Law abiding citizens(oh i for got we are subjects here not citizens), the 3 fold increase of "illegal" pistols since then, does not count in government figures.

Trying to convince your MP that the legislation is unfair, when he has been told by government whips, (policy enforcers)
that the new legislation will become law regardless, was completely futile.
When your representative is in place for 5 years, the only time you can remove them is at a General Election, and then you must remove the whole party.

We had about 70,000 pistol shooters in the UK, 0.12% of the population, no political clout whatsoever.
The NRA? that's exactly what they were, only interested in preserving formal target rifle shooting, it was the NRA who were partly responsible for the loss of semi-automatic rifles in 1987.
Their advice in 1997 at the up and coming pistol ban? don't make a fuss, sit back and see what happens, "They wont ban pistols" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
As for my fellow non shooting countrymen standing up for my rights, alas, with the attitude "If it don't effect me i don't give a ****" we were doomed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Our government tells us that we dont have "centralised" gun registration /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif, what would you call a firearms licence which lists all the guns we own, records of which are held by the police force?

This enabled our government to issue us with very stearn confiscation notices and a warning of "Criminalisation" if we did not comply within the alloted period, results of not complying would be a 5 year prison sentance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

When you have unreasonable government with unreasonable representatives, majority rule and that governments irrevocable decision to ban pistols, you aint got a chance mate.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

This is an email I received yesterday.

The new gun free Australia

It's amazing that getting rid of all the (non -criminal) guns in Australia only cost a fraction of what we're spending for a database system to register ours.
Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts...

Hi friends, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more
than $500 million dollars.
The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent, Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent ; Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent . (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not! and criminals still possess their guns!)
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and
assaults of the elderly.
Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns." You won't see this on
the Canadian evening news or hear your Member of Parliament
disseminating this information.
The Australian experience proves it. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note Canadians, before it's too late!

FORWARD TO EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST. [ I DID ]

DON'T BE A MEMBER OF THE SILENT MAJORITY.

BE OF THE VOCAL MINORITY WHO WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN IN CANADA.

and how many americans here are not nra members?"yeah,but they don't do anything for me" is what i hear. wait till Hillary gets in....then they'll worry,when they have too and it'll be too late. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts