the "BLACK WIDOW" 6.5 WSM

huntinfool18

recently built this for one of my family members. its a 6.5 WSM with a Christensen arms barrel. the stock is a richards mircofir wildcat thumbhole in the black widow color. i havent had a chance to shoot it yet but will in the next few days. one last thing to do to it, its getting a black widow lazer engraved on the floor plate.

and poof..... let there be pictures! i guess im still pic posting handicapped cause i cant get the to show.
65wsm011.jpg

65wsm008.jpg

65wsm006.jpg

Last edited:
Huntin...

Just go in to your post and edit. Where the picture code is now "URL", change that to "IMG".

Huntin..

You got pictures of the ammo it uses? I have a 6.5 x 55 and was wonderin if I could get it re-chambered to a 6.5wsm?

Cheers HP

its hard to tell the difference between it and a 270 wsm. thats all it is, is 270wsm necked down to 6.5cal. i havent shot it yet but hopefully some time this weekend.
huntinfool18

My richards microfit stock should be here in the next 2 weeks the color is coral reef. Yours looks great and that was one of my choices kinda makes me wonder if I made the right choice now!!!!!!!!!!! My question is how well done was the stock when you recieved it. I've seen a few of these stocks some are good some are bad to the point that my buddie sent his back and the second one wasn't to bad.

6.5wsm

I built a savage 11 into a 6.5wsm last Summer. Let me know what loads you end up with. So far my best groups are using 140g SMKs and 76.5g US869
(COL "2.860)

also had pretty good success with 65.5g H1000 and 66.5g Retumbo and 140 Berger VLDs

when i recived the stock it looked like crap. it too alot of sanding to get all their sanding marks out. i dont think i will go with richards again.
huntinfool18

How was the fit. I am wanting to put their Tack Driver stock onto a Savage 12 FVSS 7MM STW. I don't mind sanding for a good finish as long as you don't have to take a lot of wood off.

What about the stock was it that really disappointed you besides the sanding marks?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.