The big old SMK does it again

That sure is a dandy buck!! Got it all mass, length, ivory tips and a handsome devil to boot. Gotta wait a month for my tag to be any good, been seeing a lot of nice goats though.

Good shooting. I didn't know that Brad hangs around the long range group. He is the best sheep guy in Utah. Let him know the Toliver's say great shot.

Very nice antelope, great mass and cutters!

I agree with Steve7mm08, it's great to start seeing the hunting stories coming in.

Nice buck. Most people don't realize how much work goes into a nice clean shot at long distances. It starts with expensive weapons, lots of reloading time and bench time.

It is nice when it all comes togeather and it makes you feel like you accomplished your mission.

I hope to have some pictures soon myself of some speed goats (on the ground). We have to dodge them daily to go to town.

Night Shooter
Montana

GG, I really liked the way you described it. You're good with words too. Congratulations.

Did you read my post on William's Antelope and how we messed up?

Very nice buck and sweet looking rifle!

So if 500+ isn't LRH I guess I won't bother posting pics when I go out and get one at a "long" 300 :) .

Any well placed shot at 300 or 1500 yards is a good one:)...providing you hit and excuted the shot exactly as you intended it. If the ranges are close...You can concentrate on a smaller target on the animal/person or whatever your target happens to be. i.e. instead of a "Center of Mass" or lung shot take a eye shot, ear or directly in the mouth, etc.

It is all about "you" light bulbbeing satisfied with your ability under whatever conditions to be able to place a speeding bullet exactly where you intended.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.