The best of the best.

kc

If I were to test a new rifle on accuracy alone, what ammunition manufacturer would you choose?
We are building a .308 using a Broughton Barrel and it will be built by people a lot smarter than most of us, with tools you would never find in a regular Gunsmiths shop. My brother runs a Tool and Die shop and they have machines I cant even understand how any person could opperate.
Some dementions are made on a screen that looks like you would find on a Radar. He built me one a few years back that turned out fantastic. we are getting ready for another on a Remington Action I was given from a house fire in July.

I also do a lot of Reloading for accuracy.
thank you.

If you're talking about factory loaded ammo I have always had great luck with Lapua. My 338 LM LOVES the 300gr pills - easy 1/2 moa. Wish I could hunt with scenars. And hey, you get the added benefit of having great brass when your done!

My first question would be just how hot did this firearm get in the house fire? lightbulb
my thoughts excatly.you might want to get that action rockwell tested for hardness as when excessive heat is applyed to metal the temper can change causing the metal to become brittle.its a simple precaution that could save you big time.

My first question would be just how hot did this firearm get in the house fire? lightbulb

X3!!! I would also suggest getting the action tested. You could put the new rifle together and the first one down the pipe could be catastrophic! It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to buildng firearms...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts