The 3 Amigos...

Ernie

SPONSOR
They were all huddled up since they just got from a weigh-in and wanted their picture taken.
From left to right:
7 WSM (Heavy Pistol) BAT non-designated action Bartlein 9T 18", Jewell trigger, 180 grain JLK Nawakwa Accuracy, 16 pounds, Sightron S-III 8-32 target dot
6mm Long Dasher or 6mm-6.5x47 Lapua Improved (Light Pistol) XP-100 trued, Brux 8T 15", 105 grain Berger Hybrid, Jewell trigger, Balsa wood/Carbon Fiber stock, 7.35 pounds Nawakwa Accuracy, Sightron 6-24 S-III with MOA reticle
6.5-284 (Heavy Pistol) XP-100 trued by Gre-Tan Rifles, Brux 8T, 18" (barrel chambering and brake by Centershot Rifles), Stock modification by Nawakwa Accuracy, 140 grain A-Max, 15.9 pounds, NightForce BR 12-42 NP-DD reticle

There are some real good shooters at the match.
If, I do my best I will be pleased.
I really enjoy being with the group of guys that attend this, as they are all interested in LR shooting.
This is primarily a bench match, and I am primarily a field shooter, so this is not something I practice at.
I have a hunting/shooting stock for the BAT and hope to have one for the 6.5-284 in the near future.
It makes the SP more useable than just bench shooting and LR pd'ing.

Wow Ernie nice herd of shooters! Good luck at the shoot.

Rupe

Thank you. The match was last weekend and here is the result of how my "Light Pistol" the SP in the middle did:

Quick run down of how "Batman" (The name my wife gave this SP) did this week at the Sundance LR Handgun Comp.
We were fortunate to take first in all three distances: 500, 750 and 1,000 yards.
This is in the Light Pistol division.
We had some crazy winds this week
My best 5-shot groups at distance were:
500 yards: 2.445"
750 yards: 4" and change (can't remember now-I'm TIRED).
1000 yards: 7.5"
These are not amazing groups, but considering the wind we had, I am very pleased. On Thursday my full value correction for wind was over 20 mph and the wind at the bench was 9-13 mph...It was really blowing hard closer to the target:D
I decided to spot for myself for all of 500 and all of the 1000 yard groups.
Bob Baker (Freedom Arms) spotted for me at the 750 yard distances.
Batman tracks so good, that I could spot my own shots!

Eric Wallace (Nawakwa Accuracy) builds amazingly accurate SP's

That's some awesome shtooting Ernie! You guys did great Congrates! I guess the new SP is a keeper for sure? Considering the bad wind and your using a SP I would be very thrilled to have got scores like that. Good Job Guys Well Done!
Rupe

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.