That time of year again - Colorado hunt planning

sheeesh your not supposed to say that outloud.....
grin.gif
grin.gif

Ric,There is'nt a cat on the face of earth that scares me.Now a bear is something different.I think I can run faster than Butch so I should be o.k.
grin.gif
....Butch and I were talking.Is there such a thing as the 4000 YARD CLUB??????????????
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

hey twin-
momma says i am faster than you, but if we raced down hill you would win because you have no governor and your brakes are not as good as mine. game set match you win.

Littletoes,
Your not telling me anything I don't already know. You get a mule in shape and they'll outdo any two horses. Shoot...anybody thats been around the block once or twice knows that!
tongue.gif

WyoWhisper,
A "greenie"??? Do you mean like one of those "green peace" tree hugger types, or are you meaning a greenhorn? Cause I don't fit either description. **** young whippersnapper...better be careful now cuz I'd hate to have to pin your ears back for ya'.
shocked.gif

...and theres a joke back at ya'.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Now I'll tell you the real reason why I want to kill a 30" buck in Wyoming - cuz I'd hate to kill a 30"er here in Colorado two years running.
tongue.gif
And I might add he was killed on public land. 32" wide 197 net B&C nontypical. If I'm gonna be greedy, I wanta take it out of state!

Sly,

You mean you've lived in Colo. and never heard yourself called a greenie??? See here in the Cowboy state when we see a colo. plate go by we yell "greenie go home.." ( your plate is or used to be green and white ) see most of the people in colo. arn't from colo.. (wyo. too for that matter..) but it seems when the greenies wanna go to the mountinas and enjoy the rockies they come here!!! We don't like that much as they don't pay our taxes for our land....anf they have rockies down there too.....
mad.gif

so anyway this 32"er.. inside or outside spread.. green or dried??? 32" wide and you didn't break 200??? must be thin horns....

I measure inside after it's dried.. I helped guide a 33 1/2" ( inside ) buck this year befor it dried, it had a 5 1/8 " kicker on the back Y too!! Great client and a trophy hunter.. wish everyone was in the shape he is in!!!

If you guys are honselty coming to Wyo. to hunt big deer .. where ya gonna hunt??
I know where the big deer are.. and it's not where you would think....if your nice to me... I'll tell ya where...

Boyd. be afraid be very afraid of the big kitties.... you don't know they are there until it's to late.. at least ole grize growls at ya first....give ya time to crap you pants before you die...
but that ain't as bad as wakin' up witha rattler in your bag.... no need for coffe when that happens... funny how that wakes ya right up....
shocked.gif

but don't worry I like you bodie.. I'll give you a cot... but if you snore like 338-378 probobly does.. you're out on the ground!!!
I don't worry about 338-378 that much, ain't no snake stupid enough to bite him!!! and he snores so loud it will keep mosta the big critters at bay!!!
grin.gif

WyoWhisper,
Been in Colorado 24 years and never heard "greenie" used, that must be a local Wyoming term.

My buck is actually 31 3/4" wide on the outside spread with no kickers. Actually he's a 6x6 typical but I had him scored nontypical because the 6th point on each side is a deduction in the typical class. He'll net 185 typical and thats after a 60 day drying period - he was just scored last week by an official scorer for entry into our big buck contest here in Grand Junction for the Colorado Mule Deer Association. He's sitting at numero uno in the nontypical category though at 197 B&C - not a great buck but nice enough to hang on my wall! I pick him up from the taxidermist in a couple of hours and when I get him hung on the wall I'll take a picture and try and figure out how to post it. Oh, both his bases are 5 1/2" so he's fairly heavy.

Figured I'd take the opportunity and put in a shameless plug for the Colorado Mule Deer Association's banquet which is this Saturday, March 15th. For all you "high rollers" 8:00pm is when we auction off our Governor's Tag. Last years tag brought $66K. so somebody must think we still have some big bucks running around these mountains!

[ 03-13-2003: Message edited by: slymule ]

No border war here.. the only thing that gets me is when the tree huggers from Denver come here to the park to protest this and that....
Not looking for any flaws either .. just a little ribbing....

Thats definitly a nice buck.. but when you guys think ya can handle a high country hunt.. lemme know... bring your big guns too...
I have a place that I built the 300 RUM for.. closet anyone has gotten to the monarchs is about 550 yards. They perch way high on the rimrock and they can see for miles... "Hunt724" knows what I am talking about. We chased several 30"ers for 5 days and never broke 550 yards.. well not no more....
shocked.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

What do you mean by "think ya can handle a high country hunt"?

Congrats on the nice buck Sly.
The only thing that makes me question Slymules comment about shooting two in a row in Colorado is getting a tag. Seems like most areas you cannot reliably get a buck tag for 2 years in a row.

I don't mind most of the tree huggers, but the PETA, Sarah Brady, Anti-hunters bother me a bit. Usually it aint Denver, its Boulder - and Aspen.

Can't wait to hear the results of the long rangers coming to Wyoming.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.