That advertisement needs to go!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goodgrouper, Dec 7, 2007.

1. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Writers Guild

The mistletoe clad advertisement on the header of our site page from vs country "hunting the holidays" has got to be the most annoying ad I've seen.

I don't know if anybody else's computer gets bogged down trying to display the ad but mine dang near freezes up and won't let me go anywhere on the forum until it's finished downloading the damn mistletoe. Can anyone stop the insanity??

2. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

I agree, things are loading slower on my PC also since this add came on. I suppose I could upgrade to a faster pc, but I'd rather spend my$ on hunting related stuff.

3. CatShooter

CatShooter Well-Known Member

I'm with both of you guys...

Meow!

4. HeskethPritchard

HeskethPritchard Well-Known Member

Bar humbug fella's...............:D:D 'Tis the season to be jolly tra la la la la

its a great Ad, I love it to bits it looks like holly on my pc:D

Merry Christmas one and all

I vote let it stay, it'll only be here for another 18 days ;)

5. HeskethPritchard

HeskethPritchard Well-Known Member

Now before you all burst a blood vessel and loose sleep over my post....................................................................................

I'm only toyin with you guys ok :D:D:D:p

6. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Teh Fixer is looking into how our site speed compares to others and if slow how to improve it. It'll take him a few days.

7. Teh Fixer

Teh Fixer Well-Known Member

I bet if that was mistletoe insteada holly, you guys'd be so busy kissin' each other you wouldn't know from slow.

Oh wait... wrong forum. :eek:

8. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Writers Guild

Holly, mistletoe, whatever. Just get rid of it already ehh?

9. Teh Fixer

Teh Fixer Well-Known Member

Be nice. I'll do the best I can as soon as I can. It is not a matter of just flipping a switch. There is a contractural obligation to consider. Be patient.

Jim

10. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Everybody that's complaining, I'd bet, is using IE. I use Firefox and don't even see it. I'd never go back to IE, although there are some sites that are programmed so that you have to use IE, but they are few and far between.

I just loaded this site in IE and also in Firefox and compared them. I am on a cable hookup. IE really drags and there are long delays but Firefox is just click click, kinda like switching channels on the ol TV.;);)

11. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Just got connected to DSL instead of dial up, I am happy as a little pig in poop because its FAST, no problems with the add but if I were still on dial up, I would really be annoyed as well.

Kirby Allen(50)

12. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

Agreed. Glad to hear it's not my PC. I recently got DSL also, but still noticed that my connect time increased when that advertisement appeared. Yes, using I.E. Would be great if the bandwidth consumption could be cut out of that add.

13. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

I have DSL and Firefox and my computer is so jumpy on this site because of the ad I don't spend as much time as I'd like reading the posts.

14. pinshootr

pinshootr Well-Known Member

Oh you IBM users are so funny !!!!!!!!!!!

:D first get a MAC then High speed and then you never have to worry again.:D:D:D