Thanks George and Chris

G

I sent my 300 RUM to GA Precision to have the scope mount holes opened to the larger 8-40 size for the strength factor and to hopefully get them straight to the bore. The factory holes were off requiring the scopes windage adjustment to be way off to one side to be zeroed, or to use the weaker Redfield windage adjustable mounts that I had been using. I wanted to put a Nightforce scope on the rifle and needed a strong mount system. From a previous post here on LRH I remember Chris Matthews saying LRH members would get a special price on Badger mounts and rings so I checked with him and he said they could take care of it. I got the rifle back with a Badger rail installed and a set of rings. I put the scope on after centering all the turrets and I only had to turn the windage turret 2 clicks to be zeroed at 100yds. I know this is a long post but I just want to say thank you to GA Precision for the excellent job they did. I also had a Badger Tactical bolt knob installed and man what a difference it makes, I love it.
Wayne

Two clicks! They must have been having a bad day - usually only one click
tongue.gif

Looking forward to seeing the GA and Badger guys this week.

Two clicks! They must have been having a bad day - usually only one click
tongue.gif

Looking forward to seeing the GA and Badger guys this week.

Magmaniac,

I notice that you're from Huntsville. I grew up there and my parents still live there. My dad's looking for a range to shoot rifles at (around 300+ yards or so) but doesn't know of anywhere. A friend told me that there's a public range out near Decatur, is this the closest one to SE HSV? I would've sent you a private message, but it said that this forum doesn't allow it, sorry guys
confused.gif
. Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me.

John

jnolaniv, The range your referring to is SwanCreek but it's only 100yrd. range There's also SkyLine Management area but thats 200yrd. We shoot on private land for our LR shooting.

Magmaniac,

Thanks anyway. I guess he can keep looking
smile.gif
Appreciate the clarification about Swan Creek. Take care.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.