Thank you Robert Gradous ...... AGAIN!

338sniper

Yep, that's right.. I did it again! This time it is a mid-weight whitetail hunting rifle chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua. Unfortunately I was unable to be present for the build, but I will be for the next one. The big brown truck showed up earlier this afternoon with a package from Mr. Gradous and oh boy was I pleasantly surprised when I opened the box, it felt like Christmas morning! The complete rig weighs in at 12.8 lbs with a loaded magazine, which seems like a feather compared to my tactical rig's. I quickly loaded up some rounds and headed to the range even though it was raining! I think just a little tinkering with the seating depth and not being in such a rush will produce better groups. I guarantee this rifle will shoot a heck of alot better than I did today! I look forward to testing it out on steel at a 975 yards next week.

Mr. Gradous explained this is the first 6.5x47 Lapua to be fully built on his HAAS CNC TL-1 lathe. He informed me this rifle has the spiral lock threaded tenon.

Thank you again for the great service and the excellent products you provide the shooting community!!

Specs:

Surgeon 591R
Surgeon DBM
Bartlein #3 1:8" finished at 24" .160 FB reamer 6.5x47 Lapua
Jewell trigger
McMillan A3 Sporter stock 50% olive / 25% black / 25% tan
All metal Cerakoted flat dark earth
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50 MOAR HS ZS
Nightforce .885" UL rings
Holland bubble level
Atlas v8.1 bipod
TAB gear sling

Last edited:
Hypocrite -_- your location says "behind a mark 4" and yet you just posted a bunch of pics of 5 rifles all with nightforce scopes. :rolleyes:

Congrats! on such a fine rifle. See if you have time to take it to a long range Benchrest Match. Several of Robert's Hunting rifles have kicked our asses at the 1000 yard line.
Semper Fi

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.