Texas Pronghorn Hunt-09

Bobcat

Four of us went back up to the Texas Panhandle on the Oklahoma state line to hunt pronghorns. All of us got on animals after some hard and long stalks.
I took my 7mm STW. I used a 140 gr. Barnes MRX because I had a bunch loaded up. Like POP, I like to play with "new toys". It certainly did the job, a bang flop DRT at 290 yards, but I will be using the 140 gr. Accubonds from here out. The Accubonds shoot .75" at 100 yds. with 76.0 grs. of RL-22.
Bob
My speed-goat. Not huge, but good for the area: scored 79 5/8's.
bc640.jpg

bob.jpg

We hunted with Jeremy Gugelmeyer and Sagebrush Hunts.
Jeremy and Sara's ranch, Buffalo Springs, has an amazing history. It is a part of the old XIT Ranch, which I know many of you are familiar with. The XIT was the largest fenced ranch in the world with over 3 million acres. The old headquarters was located at Buffalo Springs and is now part of Jeremy and Sara's ranch.
buffalosign.jpg

This is a shot to the old XIT headquarters. Our lodge was about 75 yards away. It those old trees could talk!
XIT-1.jpg

We passed these whitetail twins and their mom down in the spring on our way in.
whitetails.jpg

Congrats to all of your gang, great bucks!!! And I am sure you all had a wonderfull experience hunting together as friends.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.