Terminus Zeus QC

Kmccord

I am looking into building a rifle using Terminus Zeus with the Quick Change barrel feature. I wanted to hear from others there experience with this action, did you get great results with accuracy in a magnum caliber, no problems with loosening after so many rounds down the barrel? When you did change barrels from one cartridge to another, did your POI come back to previous settings? Thanks in advance for the responses.

I love my Zeus. It's very smooth......feels like a mans action. I have 4 barrels for it. 28 Nosler, 30 Nosler, 7RSAUM and 6.5 PRC. You can take a barrel off and then thread it back on and its POI shift is so insignificant. I mean as in less than .2 moa maybe at 300 yards. As far as the scope you just have to record your POI shifts with each barrel and set one as the baseline. For me it's the 30 Nosler as a baseline. So I just took off the barrel and put a different one on, shot it and recorded the shift, then each time I know where to go to on the scope as far as clicks. Straight Jacket Armory chambered all the barrels for me. I just wanted the same guy to build all of them.

I'm going to add a little more to it. You can pretty much take a barrel off and screw it back on if: your scope is high enough to allow it, and if your barrel channel is wide and deep enough. So plan ahead. Make sure you have the clearance to do that. If you can accomplish this then the POI is not even my previously said .2 moa change. I can and have shoot the barrels say 600 yards and out to 1000 yards, screw it off and back on and you really can not notice any change. Where you get into the minimal change is if you don't have the scope and stock clearance and you have to loosed the action screws to get the barrel off because the scope is too low or the channel not allowing it then that's when you may see a minimal .2 moa shift. I hope that explains it. I just hand tighten the barrel so it can all be done in the field. I've never put one in the vice to tighten or loosen. It's a great system, it's accurate, smooth and it by far is my favorite gun setup.

I am planning on making a short action one and have two bolts for 223, 6mm CM, 22 CM and 308 then give all my others to the kiddo's leaving me with two rifle actions and several barrels. My kids are rotten.

I was hoping to hear this type of report, to me, this is the greatest way to go for building a rifle. One trigger, one stock, one scope and a lot of barrel's. I am surprised none of the other custom action manufacturers have jumped to it. The only other one off the top of my head is Gunwerks Nexxus system.

@Joel Russo since I plan to Cerakote the barrel, I know you DLC treat the action, is it possible to get one that has not been treated since I would Cerakote it to match the barrel? Or have you heard or seen anyone Cerakote this action even if it has been DLC treated?

We don't recommend Cerakote on the receiver. All receivers are shipped treated with DLC. If you want the barrel to match the DLC, then have the barrel Cerakoted Graphite Black. It's about an perfect match.

I agree with what's been said we have 2 Zeus QCs in the family both running multiple calibers we can even use each other's barrels with minimal poi shifts. It's a great system and the proof prefits have shot as good as the custom barrels Iv ordered with a good price savings

Recent Posts