Tell Us About Your Best Deer Encounter Last Year

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Len Backus, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Mine was when my biggest ever archery kill buck came in to my decoy.

But I'd rather hear about yours. Doesn't have to be connected to a kill...could be just the story of two bucks fighting nearby or a pair of fawns frolicking under your stand.

2. Captn C

Captn C Well-Known Member

I managed to kill the best one I encountered last year. It is about the largest I have taken in 28 years of bow hunting.

The most special thing about him is he only has 6pts. I have only personally seen two larger and they were both already on the dirt. I have not "scored" him becasue all that is no longer important to me (once was, but I out grew that hunting stage). His horns are very heavy for a Texas hillcountry buck and it has great height.

I'll post up a pic...but I'll have to do that from the house...most all the hosting sites are blocked from us at work.

Not the best photo.

[​IMG]

Disclaimer: I am not against hunting for score, just got to point that it is not longer my main objective.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008

3. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Handsome deer. My son shot a 3 x 3 mulie a few years ago that was bigger than the point count would sound.

4. Bud Meadows

Bud Meadows Well-Known Member

My Best Whitetail

I got this guy with my bow on 11/08/03. He grossed 167 2/8 P&Y

[​IMG]

5. Bud Meadows

Best Muley

I got this guy 15 days after I got the whitetail (11/23/03). He had a 29 1/8" outside spread.

[​IMG]

6. Bud Meadows

Whoops!

I just realized this thread was for "last year"- sorry. Here's my muley from last year (2007)

[​IMG]