Tell Us About Your Best Deer Encounter Last Year

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Mine was when my biggest ever archery kill buck came in to my decoy.

But I'd rather hear about yours. Doesn't have to be connected to a kill...could be just the story of two bucks fighting nearby or a pair of fawns frolicking under your stand.

I managed to kill the best one I encountered last year. It is about the largest I have taken in 28 years of bow hunting.

The most special thing about him is he only has 6pts. I have only personally seen two larger and they were both already on the dirt. I have not "scored" him becasue all that is no longer important to me (once was, but I out grew that hunting stage). His horns are very heavy for a Texas hillcountry buck and it has great height.

I'll post up a pic...but I'll have to do that from the house...most all the hosting sites are blocked from us at work.

Not the best photo.

attachment.php

Disclaimer: I am not against hunting for score, just got to point that it is not longer my main objective.

Last edited:
Handsome deer. My son shot a 3 x 3 mulie a few years ago that was bigger than the point count would sound.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.