Tell me about the 7mm am.

parent case is a 338 lapua mag, with some body taper removed and the shoulder moved slightly foreward and sharpened. My cases have an H2o capacity of 122 gr. it runs 160 noslers at 3575 fps, WC 200's at 3230 fps, these aren't hot loads.
It is the most accurate, least temperamental rifle I ever fooled with, shoots anything very well, the stuff it likes will scare ya.
My rifle has taken 17 whitetails in 3 seasons the closest being 307 yards, the farthest at 1,350 yards.
RR

7mm Allen Magnum[FONT="]
[/FONT]338 Lapua Magnum parent case, necked down to 7mm and fireformed to min body taper and shoulder angle.[FONT="]
[/FONT]140 gr.(3800 fps) up to 200 gr. ULD RBBT(.900 bc) 3200 to 3350 fps from 26" to 30" barrel lengths[FONT="]
[/FONT]Designed for long range big game hunting up to and including elk and moose. Has been used effectively on elk out to 1300 yards and has also proven one of the most ballsitically potent rounds in use today including the 277 Allen Magnum and the 338 Allen Magnum. Has proven capable of ½ moa accurate out to 1000 yards and 1 moa accurate out to 2800 yards in good conditions.[FONT="]
[/FONT]Appropriate powders: H-Retumbo, H-50BMG, H-870, H-US869, AA8700 and WC87
I agree whole heartedly with RR. It's the absolute easiest "high horsepower" long range round I've ever used and loaded for.

And now, with Wildcat Bullets starting back up, we'll have the 200 grain WC's back and the long range thumpings will continue.:):)

I've never had a deer stop a bullet but did have an elk stop one of the 200 grain Wildcats after it traveled almost the full length of its body from junction of neck and left front shoulder into the right rear hind quarter.

I have a 7 STW on a trued Rem 700 action. When the barrel is burned out, can this be converted to a 7 AM, or does it take a bigger action ?
Also, what is the COAL you guys are running in your 7AM ?

mine with the 160 AB's are loaded to 3.675, the same length as my 140 gr 7 mm STW loads. your 700 action should work fine, mine is on a 700. An extended mag box would be nice though.
RR

Ridgerunner,
I already have a wyatt box on the 7 STW, so that won't be a problem.
If I look at doing this down the road, I would want to jump up to a heavier bullet than the 168gr Berger's I am shooting now. 180's or heavier would certainly outperform what I am shooting now.
However, the 7 STW is no slouch !

Yeah, I've maxed out my 160 accubond load with a whitetail taken at 1350 with my AM, was gearing up to re-equip with a new more capable rangefinder than my leica 1200 and a new load centered around either the 180 bergers, or the 200 gr wildcats, till my daughter became ill, so until that is under control, I'll stick with the load I have the coming year, maybe next fall I'll be ready to attempt the 1500 to 1 mile shot.
RR

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.