tell me about burris signature rings

Ridge Runner

A buddy wants to mount a scope on his rifle and wants to use the burris rings to put a 20 MOA slope on his scope, so what does he need? rings and an insert kit?
Then put the .020 under the scope in the back? do they have matching halves? never used them before so looking for info on getting the scope on properly.
Thanks,
RR

the inserts come in pairs. if you use the +20 under the scope in the rear you would use the -20 above it. I really like mine, you can crank the screws down nice and tight and don't have to worry about ring marks. I used mine along with a 20 moa near base and my elevation is about 1.5 moa of clicks from the bottom, I shouldn't ever bottom the turret out!

so to get 20 MOA of slope do I need 2 sets of .020 inserts? and put a +20 under the back ring and a -20 on top, a -20 under the front ring and +20 on top? or is the offset only needed under the back ring? just trying to figure out what I need to order to come out with 20 MOA slope.
thanks
RR

You can run them in the front or the back.

I had a set that I had to put the offset inserts in the back because if I put them in the front, the bell would hit the barrel.

Don't get carried away either. You can put 20's in the front and the back, but you may not be able to zero where you want.

And, the inserts are labeled in inches of offset (.020"), not MOA. The amount of MOA gained is variable depending on the distance between your rings.

I use alot of these rings. The 1" rings will come with "zero" inserts. Get your self a kit which has +-5, +-10, +-20. You can mix and match from any of these inserts to get your scope set as close as you'd like to the bottom and still get on at 100 yards. Use the "zero" inserts on the top halfs. The 30mm rings come with the "zero" and +-20 insert with the rings. For some stupid reason Burris doesn't make a insert kit with +-5, +-10 to get your setting just right. I really like these rings as they won't leave ring marks and you don't need a moa base. I've never had a scope slip in these rings either, I've put them on a 416 Rigby and they held just fine. Good choice!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts