Televid 77 or Swaro 15 x 56 binos

Down Under Hunter

What is everyones thought on the pros and cons with these babys ?

I spend all my time behind my 10 x 42 Leicas tripod mounted but need something with some more slong range stick !

I am tore between these two. Firstly I think I would certainly use the 15x binos all the time off the tripod glassing sambar deer at the 750m -2km mark. Apparently they are great to pick apart the landscape at this range. The 77 however is king when you need trophy evaluation at range of spotting shots. Truth be told I really could use both but only have the cash for one.

Price wise a secondhand 77 will go around the 1000 with 60x eyepiece and a pair of binos around 1500 ish ?

I am affraid with the spotter that I will carry alot and use little whereas I think I will always clip the swaro's on the tripod first time all the time ?

What would you suggest to a long range Sambar hunter like meee ??

DUH

Hey Down Under, what I have found is that you find animals with binoculars, and you look at and judge animals with a spotting scope. Just like the name says… you look at a spot. Trying to use a spotting scope for long periods of time is a eyeball burner… no matter what brand or quality of spotting scope you use. Just depends on what you plan to do most…. I thinking of buying a Leica 10-15x50 Duovid and have two in one! Good Luck Hunting! NJS

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.