Teflon coating

Booney

Base of the Bluemountains aka Gods Country
I was just wondering how it holds up how easy it scratches. I love the looks of it but I cant make up my mind on that or just stainless as it dose not scratch. this will be a pack rifle the terrain that I hunt in the most I would consider medium thickness. Would appreciate any experience thanks.

Coatings look good, but are dificult to recoat unless you do it yourself. They hold up well to scratching for the most part. Stainless steel scratches as well. If you want an easy alternative, paint it yourself with Krylon Fusion paint in earth tones. Then if you scratch it , no big deal, just get out the spray can.

I started using teflon coatings in my shop about 7 years ago and have received alot of positive feedback from my customers. First thing I should mention is, "I've never known of a finish that is indestructable". When properly prepared and applied GunCoat or CeraKote are as durable as many and superior to most finishes I been around (I'd use a different finish if it didn't!). The key, like most things, is in the prep, application and proper process used. Short-cuts will not give the desired results. just my 2 cents

DPMS coats their AR-15 receivers with teflon. It makes an amazing difference in the longivity of the finish.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.