tc pro hunter 20 ga

Discussion in 'Long Range Shotgun Slug Hunting' started by gargs71, Jun 12, 2010.

1. gargs71

gargs71 New Member

what do you recamend for sabot slug in a tc pro hunter 20 ga with the price of slugs i need a starting point

2. LOADER

LOADER Member

I use light fields 2" group at 100yd.with 2 3/4. 4" at 150yds never shot past that.

3. jarheadrich

jarheadrich Member

I use a TC 20ga and have had great results with Hornady SST 20ga 2 3/4 " or Federal Barnes Expander 3". I have made kill shots out to 184 yards with the Hornady's on whitetails. The Hornady load shoots 1" at 100 yards, this would be my choice. Hope this helps.:D

4. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

I have the 20 ga encore and mine likes the 3" Fed Premium Barnes tipped expanders. I am getting 1.5 groups (3 shots) at 100 and they are 14" low at 200.

Honestly, I would buy some standard Win 2 3/4 slugs at Walmart ($9 box of 15) just to sight it in and get it on paper first.

buy one box of the Fed and the Hornady SSTs, shoot 2 and see if you can get a group then then site in with the remaining 3 if they shoot good.

I have seen guns shoot 8-10" groups with one slug and then hammer with the next one.

BH

5. jarheadrich

jarheadrich Member

It is expensive shooting these premium slugs and that's good advise. What I do is shoot my first two shots at 50 yrds on a 1 inch grided target then make a adjustment according to the scope turret adjustments ( 1/4" at 100yards will be 1/8" at 50 yards) then move back to 100 and fire two more.

If your shooting from a solid rest it should only take a couple of more shots to get whatever zero one should desire. Nothing substitutes practice , plan to shoot a couple of five round boxes a year, make ethical shots, everybody is watching us.gun)

6. shooter#42

shooter#42 Member

mine is most accurate with the remington green tipped slugs.