TC Encore

mnhntr

I want one but I am skeptical of their accuracy. I am wanting to get a few barrels and use this as a multi purpose gun. I already have a long range shooter. I was wondering if these are a 1 moa rifle or pistol.

I want one but I am skeptical of their accuracy. I am wanting to get a few barrels and use this as a multi purpose gun. I already have a long range shooter. I was wondering if these are a 1 moa rifle or pistol.

One of my hunting buddies started off with one Encore in 300 mag. He was so impressed by 3/4 moa that he got another in 338 mag. Also sub moa. Then he sold off all his other rifles and now he has only Encores and 6 or 12 top ends. Go figure.

So go for it !
...The resale on these is so good that if you don't like it, it will resale for almost retail.

I haven't hunted with a long gun for 8yrs now...it's all pistol for me.
My Contender and Encore pistols are more than capable.
Here's my 7-30 Waters:
Lope1.jpg

doe.jpg

This Lope doe was @ 350 yds.

does.jpg

This is my 6.5x284

018.jpg

Here's the 223 @ 250yds

Picture082.jpg

Here's the 256 Win Mag @ 110yds

106yds.jpg

Here's a small group picture...I have barrels that aren't shown

family.jpg

This was my first group with the 6BR@ 100yds...I don't think I'm changing this load

grp.jpg

So yes, they are more than capable.
And I'm not even that good...wait till Ernie posts some pics of his accomplishments!!!!
Or you can go to the Specialty Handgun section and check them out.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. I think I will be getting one. Are those custom or factory barrels?

I have a 375jdj that is sub MOA and a 50b&m Alaskan that shoots just over that. Both are customs that JD Jones built for me. They may not be as accurate as a custom bolt pistol but I have no reservations using them at reasonable distances.

Erik

Just finished putting a 7 mag together and it shoots below MOA with a TC barrel. Check out Bellm TC site he has numerous parts to really bring about all the accuracy the barrel has to offer. I use it as a truck/ATV gun for targets of opportunity. Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.