TC Encore

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by mnhntr, Feb 20, 2012.

1. mnhntr

mnhntr Well-Known Member

I want one but I am skeptical of their accuracy. I am wanting to get a few barrels and use this as a multi purpose gun. I already have a long range shooter. I was wondering if these are a 1 moa rifle or pistol.

2. 4bycamper

4bycamper Well-Known Member

One of my hunting buddies started off with one Encore in 300 mag. He was so impressed by 3/4 moa that he got another in 338 mag. Also sub moa. Then he sold off all his other rifles and now he has only Encores and 6 or 12 top ends. Go figure.

So go for it !
    ...The resale on these is so good that if you don't like it, it will resale for almost retail.

3. ammohouse

ammohouse Well-Known Member

I haven't hunted with a long gun for 8yrs now...it's all pistol for me.
    My Contender and Encore pistols are more than capable.
    Here's my 7-30 Waters:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Lope doe was @ 350 yds.

[​IMG]

This is my 6.5x284

[​IMG]

Here's the 223 @ 250yds

[​IMG]

Here's the 256 Win Mag @ 110yds

[​IMG]

Here's a small group picture...I have barrels that aren't shown

[​IMG]

This was my first group with the 6BR@ 100yds...I don't think I'm changing this load

[​IMG]

So yes, they are more than capable.
    And I'm not even that good...wait till Ernie posts some pics of his accomplishments!!!!
    Or you can go to the Specialty Handgun section and check them out.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  4. mnhntr

mnhntr Well-Known Member

Thank you for the replies. I think I will be getting one. Are those custom or factory barrels?

5. 600BP

600BP Well-Known Member

I have a 375jdj that is sub MOA and a 50b&m Alaskan that shoots just over that. Both are customs that JD Jones built for me. They may not be as accurate as a custom bolt pistol but I have no reservations using them at reasonable distances.

Erik

6. Budman

Budman Well-Known Member

Just finished putting a 7 mag together and it shoots below MOA with a TC barrel. Check out Bellm TC site he has numerous parts to really bring about all the accuracy the barrel has to offer. I use it as a truck/ATV gun for targets of opportunity. Dave