Tasco

TCampbell

Has anyone had any experience with Tasco's 6-24x40mm Varmint or target scope? How about the Simmons prarie master scopes? I'm sure the glass isn't great but do they track well? Any other cheap scopes that would work in this power range?

I am looking for something to put on my 220AI that I use for calling and rock chucks. Right now I have my Leupold 6.5-20x50lr on it and it of course works great but my 300RUM has been feeling a little left out and I'm tired of switching the scope back and forth. My current budget is pretty low because every time I go to the gun shop I end up finding another great deal on a gun I can't seem to live with out!

Any help would be great

Think about some of these:
4.5-14 Nikon buckmaster. You can find them for $260
Millet buck silver and gold series. They have several scopes in the power range you are looking at, and the lowest cost one is $160 or so. ive got 4 of their scopes, and with one exception they have never given me any problems. The one that did, they replaced in 6 days, no questions asked.
and of course, the above mentioned 4200 bushnell

Don't fall into the trap of trying to get "cheap scopes" I did, adn now ive got some high magnification cheapies gathering dust... and I could have bought some nice glass with what I spent on them had I waited.
speaking of which... a 8-32X BSA with a holdover reticle in it wouldn't intrest you would it? id make you a good deal!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts