Tasco Super Sniper 8-32x

samson

I was looking on Ebay and saw some of these for sale. They are out of China so I opted not to bid. Are these scopes available in the USA. I had heard that Super Sniper was going to make a variable power option but havnt seen any.

As my little boy used to say when he was two years old--when referring to the trash--"ger-bage."

Here's what you're looking at:
ebay listing...GER-BAGE...

Please note where the seller of said ger-bage is located: CHINA. Good luck getting a refund if he stiffs you. 'Course on the other hand, he'd probably be doing you a favor if he didn't send the scope. I'm sure that's one of those Chinese Trashcos that smells like a burning tire. Nasty, really...

That ebay ad is hilarious. Taken directly, verbatim from the text of the ad, I see that it's a...

"High-durability aluminum alloy with black matt and beautiful complement" And beautiful compliment? ***? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And it is: "Mode: Tasco SWAT Super Sniper Tasco 8-32×44E-SF" "Mode" Tasco SWAT Super Sniper, yeah, right. Mode: little Chinese character screwing somebody is more like it.

And this: "Side Wheel Parallax scopes designed for sophisticated shooter to achieve highly accurate" Highly accurate what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif "Oooo yoooo sofish-a-cated shoootaah achieve hiry accurate... (scwooing 'tween da butt cheeks)!"

"Diopter adjustment fit for the light bleary-eyed" Somehow I think that'll come in handy with this scope model (or "mode" as it were). I get the feeling anyone looking through this piece of tripe is going to get light (headed) and beary-eyed.

And get a load of this. On top of all these other great features it's shock "prood" as well: "Shock-prood experience: After five times impact with the force 70.14KG, the image displacement does not exceed 1.5'." One point five FEET? Well I'm sold for sure now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

All joking aside, this is NOT a Super Sniper scope. The real Super Snipers are pretty decent scopes, available now only from www.riflescopes.com

Have you bid on this thing yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dan

Supersniper is a trademarked name sold only by SWFA.

They are only 42mm objectives, in 10, 16 and 20 power variations, with 2 variations of hthe 10x, rear, and side adjustable parallax.

They are only made by a single factory in Japan, always have been, and have never been made in part or whole by any other source, however their sucess has made them among the most copied scope on the market.

I should be testing the variable Supersnipers late spring into early summer of this year, pending resolution of a couple issues.

Mike
Granbury, Tx

ps; you should see some of the chinese "Lupold MkIV" knockoffs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Samson,

Just a note to let you know that I was just having some fun at the expense of the ebay rip-off artist--not you. You asked a legitimate question and I should have perhaps been more thoughtful in answering it.

I hope you find a good deal on a scope. If you're after a tactical style scope for under 200 dollars, check out the Bushnell Elite 3200 10X mildot. They are fantastic scopes, and you'll be quite pleased with their performance.

Dan

Hey, No harm done. I just think that it is funny how they get away with all this. Oh well. I think Ill wait until SWFA has them. Thanks Guys.

That character has been selling that junk for months now. I finally had to start typing in "replica", "replic" (whatever that is) and "clone" into the "without these words" section on the ebay search engine just to do searches for Mk4's.

He's in China, just like the guy selling the subject scope of this thread. So they're probably insulated to a degree from litigation.

All that said, since they are calling it a replica or a clone, I think they may be okay legally. But they sure are annoying... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Dan

I have a 3200 10x mildot on my 308 stealth hundreds of rounds never a problem really good scope for the money
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Bushnell Elite 3200 10X mildot is an awesome value. I love mine, and wish I had others...

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.