Tasco mag 50

cisco1

I recently went to a gun show and ,for a price I couldn't pass up, picked up a Tasco Mag 50 5*20 with trajectory for 1000 yds for elk and lope, and an moveable crosshair for 600yds. I realise this is no fancy target scope but I can't find any information on it on the net. If anyone knows anything about them I would appreciate a reply. I am just interested in maybe hitting a deer or elk at 400-500 yards. Do they hold zero and are they reliable?

i actually have one on my 30-06 and i load my own ammo and so far i can place 3rd group at 100yrds and cover them all with a quarter. i love it and used other tascos for yrs alot say there junk i think its them. ive had them bumped and banged around for yrs and ive not had one loose its zero.

A Mag 4/ 50 5-20 resided on my swift for 10 years and to be completely honest it performed quite well on many prairie dog trips. I made my longest shot ever with that scope and until I could afford something much nicer it performed well.

It tracked well and was clear enough to identify 10" tall targets at 6-700 yards though the eye fatigue after a day in the field would put you to bed early. I never once had any problem with zero moving. I firmly believe these older Tasco scopes were much better made than today's that you see so many bad reviews on. Enjoy it!

Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.