Targets

For paper punching I have built a 3'x3' target stand. I used plywood for the backer and stapled cardboard over the surface, for the ease of stapling paper targets and holding sticky targets. I just use pasters as needed.

I built 2 legs made of 2"x4" permanently attached to each side of the plywood. Then stabilizer legs attached with door hinges on each side. I built it this way, because I often shoot long range in steep terrain. This allows me to keep the target verticle in the steepest hills.

Then I have a 30"x30" steel plate, I use this when I am shooting and want instant feedback where my bullets are going.

Other than that I use clay pigeons and rocks.

For paper targets, its hard to beat printing them off from the computer. If you are taking long shots and want to hear the response, make sure you use the hardened steel.
Good luck

I customize my targets on the computer. My favortie target improves cross hair alignment, a moveable 1 inch box for desired point of impact, and a notes section on the bottom. Also a second sheet prints which provides bench information for load, date, wind, temp., chrono, notes, and a small target to call/pencil in hits. It is based around huntingnut.com ballistic program. I'm not shooting the distances that true longe rangers shoot so it suits my needs.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.