Target ???

schneep

Ok, by now you all must have figured out I am a new owner od a TAC 15i, so my next question is>>>> What target are you using for practice?? I can shoot up to 40 yards indoors at a local shop, but I would like to practice at home at some longer distance, but now sure as to which target I should get. I would be shooting field points 90% of the time.

OK, I did my search and bought a Bone Collector 400fps target.

I just purchased my MAC 15i and very happy, I gave up bow hunting 20 years ago, but retired early and get to hunt and fish with less stress. Been looking at these for over a year and just could not let it go. Within less than half hour at the dealers range was getting 1 inch groups (but of course that was at 20 yards) Now it's on to some yardage.

I deer hunt Michigan and Wisconsin, but will have to wait another year before I can use it in Wisconsin for deer due to age restrictions we have here on crossbows. Until I get very proficient I will not attempt any long shots at an animal, but will be practicing alot from this point forward.

Hi Schneep,
If you were referring to the Bone Collector Outdoor target which is roughly 40" x 40" and is a bag style target you found the right choice. I've been using one for target with my TAC15i for about a year and have over 1500 shots into it with no soft spots or pass through spots. The larger size is great when shooting at long distances up to or beyond 100 yards.

It's not made for broadheads, but when using a good quality broadhead target like a Rhinehart Rhino XL (which is an 18" x 18" broadhead target), I like to set the Bone Collector behind it as a backstop when sighting in broadheads at 80 to 100 yards. It's a great added safety factor.

Regards,

Jon

The Bone Collector target I purchased is a cube about 20 X 20, the Bone Collector outdoor bag target I have found is only 25 X29 ?? Is that the one you mentioned?? I will be purchasing one of them also, unless there is a 40 X 40 model.

The target I'm referring to is the Bone Collector Outdoor Target. Please see the specifications below, since we were both slightly off on the measurements. The price comes in at about $100., if you search for a good price.

I built a hanging stand for my target. It's made from a wooden pallet base and a pair of 2" x 4" about 4 feet long that are attached to the center of each side of the pallet. Each 2" x 4" has a 1 1/4" hole drilled through the top and then a 3/4" piece of natural gas pipe placed through the holes from side to side. The bag is then suspended about three inches above the pallet from the gas pipe using heavy duty plastic cable ties through the grommets.

If you wish to have a roof over your target to protect in from rain or other whether, then lengthen your two 2" x 4"s by at least a foot longer and cut the top of the 2" x 4"s at a slight angle to support a plywood top roof that is angled slightly. The pallet can be picked up free of charge since most large stores put them out back to be carted away by the garbage trucks. The rest is mostly scrap lumber and a few nuts and bolts.
nop.gif
nop.gif

Morrell Bone Collector Outdoor Range Archery Target

Additional freight charges may apply per item.
$119.99
Web Price Only

The professional grade Bone Collector Outdoor Range target from Morrell was originally designed for commercial use but the popularity has increased for serious target archers.

• Nucleus Center core made of super-dense rubber
  • Easy arrow removal
  • Stops all fixed-blade or mechanicals
  • Official target for the IBO and the NFAA
  • Two-year guarantee

ItemRatingModelDimensionsGander PriceQty

Read 3 Reviews
Write a Review

13429" x 14" x 31"$119.99*
In Stock

The professional grade Bone Collector Outdoor Range target from Morrell was originally designed for commercial use but the popularity has increased for serious target archers. The Nucleus Center core stops all arrows regardless of speed and provides easy arrow removal. This official target for the IBO and the NFAA is a favorite among clubs across the nation and comes with a two-year guarantee. Measures 29" x 14" x 31." Weight: 50 lbs.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.