Target/ELR 375 HE..

We might even be better than 375-416 Barrett ,

with 330 gr over 3750. How fast do they go. ED

Same 330 bullet made into bore rider ,

5gr more powder, over 3800,

and bmg size action not needed, Ed

l

Hello

What is your MV deviation? Speed is nothing without consistency; as a 5fps deviation changes POI to the point of missing the 2 mile target used at KO2M.

That is why the dominator round of cheytac never took off even though it is way faster than any of the other 408 rounds. Well it was one of the reasons, other was projo was not designed for the achieved MV and physics took over in regards to "faster it goes, faster it slows" so even though it was blazing fast it **** near dropped out of sky past 1100m.

The "Yellow Bastard" suffered same fate.

That is why the 900gr bmg projo in the 14.5mm case never took off on the International side of things were that case and firearms for it are easier to get than in USA.

THEIS

Just firing few to find best powder and speed for guys to

help them out and save them time. Find powder supply, etc.

It is not a target barrel. Just Test barrel, just to find max, what case can do.

They will have to figure most consistent loads in their guns, their bullets,which

probably won't be the absolute top speed ones. But should be high enough to be

competitive.. Mitch fired enough rounds testing to find this kind of info,

to wear out nearly half the life of the barrel, before he

went tp the 2 mile match that he won. My speed testing can't do the

fine adjustments for guys. it got to be done in their guns. Ed

WE got a hydraulic forming die setup we made,

Saves a lot of time and powder, and gets them to chamber size. Ed

are you guys going to shoot this thing or just talk about it? Or are you cheating and trying to get people to shoot and experiment with it instead of getting data yourself? Not trying to be a smarta$$ just curious.

I'm shooting to find top speed and the right powder to do it with. Most guys

don't have right powder with bullets loaded like our loads. We are testing 300 gr

to 400 gr. Going from light to heavy. I don't have fancy target barrel, just

test barrel for speed, to old/crippled to go long range test shooting,

others building guns with good target barrels will do that,

So far 300 gr 3900, 325 gr(330gr made to bore rider) 3800.

Testing not happening fast, its serious cold, crappy weather. here in MI.

350 gr couple weeks. Ed

I have the youngsters here doing a lot of stuff, as I been real sick

with flu. I'm starting to get over it. Like they put sizing/seat die, necking die

swages and hydraulic expander together.It is bigger version of Hornady's expander,

THey Worked on cases.They did great job.Ed

So far 300 gr 3900, 325 gr(330gr made to bore rider) 3800
Not doubting you are seeing these velocities on your chronograph, but I have a some questions:
1. What chronograph are you using and distance you are placing it away from muzzle?
2. Can you show some pictures of the brass (specifically closeup of case head) for the brass that was fired to produce these velocities?
3. Can you give some before and after measurements of those cases, how much did they grow after firing?
4. What action are you using, what type of extraction does it use, and what size is the firing pin hole and firing pin?

Since the weather is too crappy to go shoot, it'll also give you something to do to pass the time.:D

Thanks.

are you guys going to shoot this thing or just talk about it? Or are you cheating and trying to get people to shoot and experiment with it instead of getting data yourself? Not trying to be a smarta$$ just curious.

I have my action, barrel, brass, bullets. I made forming dies. I'm sending my 585HE chamber reamer out to be reground. The resized reamer is on the way. The stock won't take as much work as I thought. I need to open the bolt face. Not hard, tedious as it requires regrinding the extractor. Done it before.

I have 2 barrels to finish before switching to the 375HE then it's full blast to get the barrel fitted, chamber pre-cut. By then the chamber reamer should be back. Ream and head space. Inlet the stock for this huge 36" barrel.

Done.

See, not much work at all...

Building a BIG rifle for a "new" case design doesn't take long at all.

Oh and I'm having to do this with no budget. Post Christmas wallet syndrome.

Just firing few to find best powder and speed for guys to

help them out and save them time. Find powder supply, etc.

It is not a target barrel. Just Test barrel, just to find max, what case can do.

They will have to figure most consistent loads in their guns, their bullets,which

probably won't be the absolute top speed ones. But should be high enough to be

competitive.. Mitch fired enough rounds testing to find this kind of info,

to wear out nearly half the life of the barrel, before he

went tp the 2 mile match that he won. My speed testing can't do the

fine adjustments for guys. it got to be done in their guns. Ed

Hello,

I understand what you are saying, BUT you keep posting about how fast your 375HE is and how good it will be at 2 miles, so you should be able to provide detail such as what MV deviation you are getting in your direct testing.
If your MV deviation is crazy high to get the MV you advertising then it doesn't make sense to keep pushing that MV higher. As it would essentially be fake MV because nobody would be recreating that MV if MV deviation is high.
We all realize the end user is responsible for "fine adjustments".
We also notice the projectile you are using as your super high MV advertisements is not one that anyone shooting for the 2 mile realm would use. You are using "light" for caliber projectile when the current ELR trend is going the other direction.

The original "Cheytac & Associates" tested the original 408 for almost 2 years before it was made public. Within those 2 years they went to Yuma for radar work and such AND still had people trying to call BS on all the testing results. Sidenote--the 408 of today is not the original 408. The original 408 launched the 419gr projo at 3075 fps instead of the "settled" upon 2850 fps. That settlement came about because end users were furious of the MV deviation they got when pushing for that 3075 fps. SO you have to understand the data that should be released to back up everything you and others say in regards to your 375HE.
The questions/comments are not personal, just business.

Could you please provide your MV deviation with chrono proof, along with provide answers to "Bravo 4" questions?

THEIS

Hello,

I understand what you are saying, BUT you keep posting about how fast your 375HE is and how good it will be at 2 miles, so you should be able to provide detail such as what MV deviation you are getting in your direct testing.
If your MV deviation is crazy high to get the MV you advertising then it doesn't make sense to keep pushing that MV higher. As it would essentially be fake MV because nobody would be recreating that MV if MV deviation is high.
We all realize the end user is responsible for "fine adjustments".
We also notice the projectile you are using as your super high MV advertisements is not one that anyone shooting for the 2 mile realm would use. You are using "light" for caliber projectile when the current ELR trend is going the other direction.

The original "Cheytac & Associates" tested the original 408 for almost 2 years before it was made public. Within those 2 years they went to Yuma for radar work and such AND still had people trying to call BS on all the testing results. Sidenote--the 408 of today is not the original 408. The original 408 launched the 419gr projo at 3075 fps instead of the "settled" upon 2850 fps. That settlement came about because end users were furious of the MV deviation they got when pushing for that 3075 fps. SO you have to understand the data that should be released to back up everything you and others say in regards to your 375HE.
The questions/comments are not personal, just business.

Could you please provide your MV deviation with chrono proof, along with provide answers to "Bravo 4" questions?

THEIS
Oh boy. A supporter from the other camp attacking.

This has happened before.

CheyTac and Associates is and was a commercial outfit when they were testing.

Ed Hubel has always been a wildcatter. "Published" data is still wildcatters data. Take it as you will. If Ed was any form of manufacturer or trying to make even $1, you might have a leg to stand on. He is not so "proof" will be up to you or someone who makes his own 375HE. BTW: I am just a wildcatter as well. I won't be making anything or making any $.

If you want to pick a fight, start an argument, become a troll and generally be a negative person, there is nothing I can do about it. However, you should qualify everything you say and ask in Ed's thread with "I like the xxx Mercenary and I'm building one". Otherwise you come across as exactly what you say you are not, belligerent and goading someone, anyone into an argument with the intention of destroying the thread.

So far 300 gr 3900, 325 gr(330gr made to bore rider) 3800
Not doubting you are seeing these velocities on your chronograph, but I have a some questions:
1. What chronograph are you using and distance you are placing it away from muzzle?
2. Can you show some pictures of the brass (specifically closeup of case head) for the brass that was fired to produce these velocities?
3. Can you give some before and after measurements of those cases, how much did they grow after firing?
4. What action are you using, what type of extraction does it use, and what size is the firing pin hole and firing pin?

Since the weather is too crappy to go shoot, it'll also give you something to do to pass the time.:D

Thanks.
Read all of this as gentile inquiries.

Are you just being a skeptic or a belligerent?

THEIS used your questions to attempt to goad someone, anyone into an argument. Is that your goal as well?

It's been 3 hours and 30 minutes since you asked for this information. Ed is old, probably is not doing any of the shooting himself, there is quite a storm there from what I can tell.

What is really going on here. Are you being the "truth police"? Do you want "proof" or you are going vigilante as so many have done before?

Ed's project started as a collaboration with another wildcatter. The other wildcatter broke the bargain. Claimed it was Ed's "fault" for pushing. Now you seem to be pushing Ed. Are we living in some form of double standard?

With the comments of Bravo 4 and THEIS. The thread will loose it's information exchange quality. Is that your goal?

To continue on the anti harassment rant.

Doublezranch created the 375 Zayne and answered velocity questions only in vageries, it should be 500fps faster than a 375 ruger.

Bravo 4 and THEIS are you going to go back and harass Doublezranch about not publishing all those same details of his 375 Zayne? Which chrono, proof proof proof.

Are you being selective internet police vigilantes because you support the other guy?