Target…….Finally Found

memtb

I thought that I'd post a photo of this target!

A friend of mine shot this group …..from "my" Contender! 🤬 It seems that the best shooting from my firearms is with someone else doing the shooting! ☹️🤬

This was shot on a cold December day in 1996, south of Rock Spring, Wy. I gave him the target …..as I thought that he deserved it. He misplaced it, and while I've mentioned it numerous times…..I finally shamed him into seriously looking for it!

Maybe some of you will appreciate it! I'm certain there was a lot of luck…..and will not likely to be duplicated! 😉 memtb

1692797512658.jpeg

That would probably be hard to duplicate, but it is a great group.

Thanks Ernie! The shooter was pretty good with the Contenders, but to repeat that would be asking a lot from the shooter, my Contender, and a little 7X scope! And could never be done by me! memtb

Once in a while the Stars Align Perfectly. :)
No Wind
Great Light
Just Enough Scope
A Great Rest that you are Steady On
A Target that you can align the scope on the same every shot
You manage to keep the handgun Vertical for every shot
Perfect Trigger Break
The Perfect Load for that Gun
You are just plain On Your Game that day

Great Group by the way.

Bob R

Once in a while the Stars Align Perfectly. :)
No Wind
Great Light
Just Enough Scope
A Great Rest that you are Steady On
A Target that you can align the scope on the same every shot
You manage to keep the handgun Vertical for every shot
Perfect Trigger Break
The Perfect Load for that Gun
You are just plain On Your Game that day

Great Group by the way.

Bob R

All of this is so very true, my only regret is……my buddy shot that group and not me! 🤬

When I walked down to retrieve the target, I accused him of shooting one….then sending the other two into space! After he vehemently denied my accusations, I turned the target over and carefully closed the torn paper back…..it was real!

I was there and almost 30 years later still have trouble believing it happened! 😉 memtb

Last edited: