Taking simultaneous shots

I've taken many groups out when multiple hunters could have shot simultaneously....and I've seen it tried....Success is much higher when the second and third shooters fire "on report". Had two hunters here on the ranch this year on muley's, second fired on report. Two 26 inc bucks on the ground. Bucks (and elk) will tend jump at the sound of the shot, then freeze, so need to wait that split second, then fire.... When folks try to fire simultaneously one seems to always shoot on the "jump" and miss or wound.....

You make a valid point but depending on the distance when I squeeze off as soon a the first person fires my bullet is there before they hear anything to jump about.

I've taken many groups out when multiple hunters could have shot simultaneously....and I've seen it tried....Success is much higher when the second and third shooters fire "on report". Had two hunters here on the ranch this year on muley's, second fired on report. Two 26 inc bucks on the ground. Bucks (and elk) will tend jump at the sound of the shot, then freeze, so need to wait that split second, then fire.... When folks try to fire simultaneously one seems to always shoot on the "jump" and miss or wound.....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.