Take Down Rifle Recommendations

Frankie_2_Times

I just joined your forum. Looking for some insight from people who have a whole lot more expertise than I do. I was doing a search regarding on the Blaser R93 when I found your sight. I have wanted an R93 for a couple of years, but couldn't justify the price. After reading the posts on the failures I now have decided to look for another option. Let me start by saying that I like the idea of being able to take down the rifle for transportation. With all the hassle in airports these days when I travel on hunting trips, I like the idea of being able to put my rifle case inside another case. Why invite more trouble toting a rifle case through an airport. I'm also left handed so it seems my options are always limited. I also wanted to be able to hand down my firearms to my sons which one is left handed and the other is still unknown (6 months).

I'm heading to Alaska this fall to hunt moose and Grizzly and was considering a new rifle for the occasion. Not that I need another, but it's a good excuse. With the R93 officially off my wish list, what are some of your recommendations for take down rifles. If I could switch calibers, great… switch between right handed and left handed, better yet… but ACCURACY, QUALITY AND SAFTEY are of the utmost importance.

Any thoughts on calibers?

Ive seen the HS in the flesh, nice kit I must say, very compact as well. All at a price though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i have a rem 7oo that i just take the screws out of for traveling on planes and packing in. POI has not been an issue.

i don't think you're gonna get a take-down at a savage price.

you made the right decision with the blazer.i've heard more and more alaskan outfitters won't let their clients use them...for big stuff!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.