Tac in the rain

Are there any special precautions to take before or after hunting in the rain with the Tac?
I hunted all day with mine in the rain yesterday and it did fine with no special precautions...... maybe wax up your string and cables really good but other than that it does not seem to bother it.

I've found that the bolts holding the cable assembly to the frame are prone to rusting.
Probably best to replace them with stainless. I have not done this yet.lightbulb

I've found that the bolts holding the cable assembly to the frame are prone to rusting.
Probably best to replace them with stainless. I have not done this yet.lightbulb
A solution to the rusting without changing anything would of course be to use a cotton swab and apply a rust inhibitor periodically to the bolt heads... or for a more "permanent" fix, clean the bolt heads VERY well with a lacquer thinner or alcohol (something that dissolves grease but leaves no residue when it evaporates), then use a Clear Coat pen and cover the bolt heads. You can get a Clear Coat pen at any autoparts store. It is just like a paint marker but just has clear coat in it for touching up automobile paint jobs. aonce it is dry it has no smell, unlike solvents and such.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.