Tac Elite Problem

PSE lied to you. It happened to me. I no longer own the bow since it was returned for being a ***. That wasn't my only problem. I had two replacements before returning it

Lied to who about what? You got two bows before returning it or two sears?

I had been waiting for my new PSE Tac Ordnance to arrive for quite a while so I was very happy when it finally showed up last week. Since our bow season is already underway I asked my dealer to shoot it to make sure it was in tune and the scope was zeroed. Later that afternoon he called to tell me the piece on my bows release mechanism had broken on the fourth shot. He then took his other new unit out of the box, put it on my lower and it broke on the first shot using my Black Rain Ordnance AR lower with a Geissele match rifle trigger. He talked with PSE and apparently they told him the Tac Ordnance bow would not work with all AR lowers. I called PSE from my dealers store and they told me they had never heard of this problem, later to tell me they were working on a repair for the problem.
Long story short, my dealer refunded my full amount and is now working with PSE to get parts or will return the units. I am lucky to have such a good dealer or I would be stuck with something that might never work properly when I need it. I am a manufacturer also and have a few comments regarding the Tac Ord. Bow. First, the parts that are breaking are very poorly designed and built with what looks like pot metal and cross drilled for a spring and a spring retaining pin leaving almost nothing for strength when being struck by the hammer. Second, the scope is made in China and has not so much as a mention as to the yardages of the stadia lines or what power to set the scope at for the various distances. Since this is not a first focal plane setup it will mater which power the scope is set at. Finally, this is sold as the best cross bow available and we are expected to pay a premium for it. I don't mind paying for quality but I have never felt more cheated than this over any thing I have ever purchased.

I have almost 200 shots through my new TAC Elite. 20 since installing the Timney today. No issues other than the fletching/strings deal. I'm not sure that that isn't a design compromise. As long as it continues to shoot like it does, I don't care.

This is one expensive piece of crap !! The first one I received , on the 7th shot the sled released and shot forward busting the rail and sled . The arrow shot into the side of my buddies house . PSE was very helpful and replaced it with another. The second one out of 4 times in the field hunting . A torque screw cam loose and fell out onto the ground , two days later a small Allen screw came loose on the crank bolt causing the whole bolt to fall out into the ground. 2 hunting trips ruined, now I see they have a full recall !! Dream deer season doesn't seem to be in the cards this year , unless I buy a second crossbow . Also had the nock of the arrow come out on 4 arrows now . Think PSE might have rushed getting this model out to the public.

Haven't heard about a recall. Are you talking about the whole bow or just the trigger mechanism ?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.