TAC 15i sighting issue

Botsman55

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and want to learn about my TAC 15i as much as I can to get it ready for the season. I bought it about a month ago and so far made about 70 shots. I've done all the fine tuning and installed Timney trigger and Countersniper Optics 2-16x44 with TDRM reticle. While installing the scope I figured that picatinny rail is not exactly level with the frame (far end of the rail is a little down). I compensated this by the front ring and and I've been making decent groups from 15 to 60 yards, but here is the problem: after a few precise shots, arrow starts hitting down (not right or left though) and I can't find any reasonable explanation why is this happening (yes, I shot the same arrow). I double checked - everything was tight and straight and I tried to be as consistent as possible from shot to shot. I put my TAC 15 aside for 10-15 minutes, then made a shot and it was perfect again. After 7-8 shots all of a sudden I hit well below again (5-6 inches at 30 yards). My guess is maybe it's some kind of a mechanical problem, such as release mechanism. Another question: both string silencers already need to be replaced. Is that normal after apprx 70-75 shots?

I will appreciate any assistance or comments as to why is this happening.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts