tac 15i can not release cocking device

tom10

I have a brand new out of the box never fired tac 15i i can not get the cocking device to release. pushed down lever on the side per instructions no luck. any help would be great

I have a brand new out of the box never fired tac 15i i can not get the cocking device to release. pushed down lever on the side per instructions no luck. any help would be great
I am assuming your trying to de-cock the TAC-15i to let it down without firing it?
If so, try turning the crank just enough (perhaps, 1/2" or a few degrees) to take the string's pulling pressure off the lever. Then start letting the crank turn slowly backwards to let the X-bow down. Be careful, because if your hand slips off the crank, it's going to SPIN fast and with whacking-force.

i can not get the cocking device to release. pushed down lever on the side per instructions no luck.
If you are looking to prep the TAC-15i to fire (versus letting the x-bow down), you do not release the cocking device. The cocking device has a mechanical shuttle that contains both the string-holder catch and an anti-dry fire latch** built-in to it. In short, you don't return the mechanical shuttle to its un-cocked position until after the X-bow has been fired.

**As a side note: Do not shoot any arrow or shaft out of a TAC-15i that is 3rd-party. The amount of force applied to the arrow's shaft will snap, shatter, break, anything else.
** In addition, the PSE TAC-15's arrows are arrows, not bolts because the PSE shafts have Knocks. The Knocks are absolutely critical for the anti-dry fire latch to work properly. There is only one non-PSE brand of Knocks you can safely put on a TAC-15 shaft, and you must know what you are doing to install them properly.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.