T/C Katahdin .460 S&W Loads Anyone

Stocky

<strong>SPONSOR</STRONG>
Has anyone seen any ballistic or loading data (or have you chronographed any) for this round in the 20" TC barrels? Can't seem to locate any!!!

Thanks,

Don B.

Has anyone seen any ballistic or loading data (or have you chronographed any) for this round in the 20" TC barrels? Can't seem to locate any!!!

Thanks,

Don B.
I have been told the same load data that is used in the pistol (which all of it seems to be for pistol) as there doesn't seem to be a difference between the two. The difference that is known is there will be higher velocities from a rifle barrel over the pistol. Some of the velocities I have heard of for a 200gr Hornady or barnes load is around 2800-2900 from other posts I have read and up to 2200to 2300 for the 300 grainers. I wondered the same thing when I was looking for data on this round for a rifle barrel because I was thinking there would be different powders used for rifle instead of pistols.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts