t/c icon warlord

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by silvertip-co, Dec 1, 2010.

1. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

Watched G&A on tv today and they tested this new(to me) rifle the Thomson Center Icon Warlord. Holy cow what a rifle. penny sized 3 shot groups at 100 and quarter size 10 shot groups at 100. That was a fast ten shots after 3 shots so the barrel was plenty hot, but all the shots could be covered my a quarter. Ya just gotta love American manufacturing. Even the stock looked still like a rifle instead of a canoe paddle or tree branch. They didnt mention cost so I feel like it's a high ticket item but how sweet it shoots out of the box.

2. Firecat

Firecat Well-Known Member

I had a post about this same rifle around a year ago when I found out about it. I think that it is a pretty cool rifle myself. The cost is right around 3K. Is it worth it? Depends on the individual I guess. Some customs go for a lot more. They were also supposed to bring one out in a 338 Lapua. That would be awesome, but it isn't a reality yet.

3. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

well im always a day late and dollar short so I never seen it til it was on tv the other day. it sells for 3598 which is 3398 higher than my projected budget if i had a job LOL . i stilllike the looks of it tho. thanks for the info