sworovoski spotter

cmfi3

Been wanting to purchase a 20-60x65 sworo spotter. Can't decide on purchasing the regular model or the HD model. Im asking for imput from anyone that have used both of these scopes, is the HD worth the extra $500 dollars for a hunting application? Im having a hard time deciding and dont know if I want to scrape up the extra cash.
thanks

GMF, I have been using the 20-60 HD Swaro for a while now and i will tell you that every time i take it out i am amazed by it!!! For pure hunting purposes you dont need the HD lenses. The word from my swaro rep is that the HD is not really noticable to human eyes and is intended more for people doing digiscoping .

IF you are interested in a new one give me a call at 1-800-522-3314 or PM me, i think we have a few in stock.

take it easy
steve

True apochromatic ED (low dispersion) glass is definitely noticeable to the practiced user and after trying both types, I won't go without it on a spotter again. I can't answer whether it's necessary for you, but I will say if you file it under "Buy Once, Cry Once" and plan to use your spotter for a lifetime I would give it serious consideration.

Take care,

Scott

While I cannot answer your question, I did compare the 65 vs. 80 HD inside a Cabelas store. The 80 HD gathered 30% more light in my opinion. Since I like to stay out until the last possible minute of light, I bit the bullet (weight wise) and went with the 80 HD. The 80HD was recommended by Coues Sniper here as well, and he's 100% correct.

My range is as follows: First 100 Yds is in the open, the last 250 yds is a 20' wide path cut thru 40' to 60' tall Oak and Maple trees. With the 80HD, I can see .30 cal bullets in paper @ 300 Yds in the shade on matt paper.

I didn't do a HD vs. non HD comparison because I lean towards the "buy once" theory. (It's taken a few years and many wasted $$ to learn it.)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.