Swival Bipods

kgassett

Am looking to buy a swivel Bi pod under $75.00. Useing a Rem 700 VLSS HB 204 cal. Primary function will be hunting yotes. Have never used Bi pods before. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
K from Helena, MT

get ahold of Terry Kramer Kramer Designs he exactly what you need . It is the snipe pod v2 Kramer Designs on the web site You will not be disappointed and he lives in Montana, Clancy I believe Tell him some guy from northwest nebr said to get a hold of him. Take care

tahji,
Thank you for the info on Kramer. Web sight looks great. Company just down the road. Like the approach to bi pods they make/sell. Will pass your info/location to them.

I just installed a swivel bipod on my 300 mag, it's a cheap Blackhawk and I hate it. Do not buy one like it, money wasted even if was cheap.

get ahold of Terry Kramer Kramer Designs he exactly what you need . It is the snipe pod v2 Kramer Designs on the web site You will not be disappointed and he lives in Montana, Clancy I believe Tell him some guy from northwest nebr said to get a hold of him. Take care
+1. You might need to cough up an extra $20 or so. But, you'll be happy you did. OUTSTANDING product!

I have one of the original snipepods, and love it! After dragging my harris along with me up the mountains, I'm rethinking it. Anyway, I have killed an antelope at 366 with a 270 win off of my snipepod. Catch him at one of the sports shows, and he will give you all the advice you need, and usually a beak on the price!

Trying to get Terry and my schedules to click,,hopefully soon. From what I have researched, etc., his setup seems to be the answer, at least to me. KG

Met with Terry Kramer of Kramer Designs today. After talking with him for over an hour I was impressed with his knowledge of shooting/bi pods and his line of products he sells. He broke them all down and explained how they were made and why. The man knows his stuff. Bought the model V2-30. Cant wait to try it out and get on with enjoying coyote hunting. He said hello to Nebraska man and Jones. K Gassett

I had a cheap bipod once and that's exactly what it was. Seems like it was in that 60-70 dollar range. Do yourself a favor and spend 25 more dollars. The cheap ones are rickety and unstable

Kgassett I think you will be very happy remember they will not support a human body . You should get years of service.

Thing to decide is wich catagory you want. One style that attaches to the front of the rifle or the type you put the rifle on. The harris style (one that attaches) is probably the most stable once you are in posistion and are very fast because theya ready to go. But carrying the rifle with them on and moving from one posistion to another can be tricky. Not always but sometimes. The true shooting sticks are better in the fact that you can carry the rifle easier and shots that do not require sticks are easier. I have a picatinny rail on my rifle and I keep an atlas on the front but can swap to a longer harris pretty quick that is kept in my back beside my tripod that I can shoot from to if I'm not using it for my spotter of LRF. I keep stick with me to strapped to the side but don;t use em much. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.