Swift scopes?

My son had a Swift Premier (5-15x40??) rifle scope on his 22/250 for a while and at lower magnification it wasn't too clear but at higher mag it was terribly distorted, although it did hold zero quite well. He has a Bushnell Legend on the rifle now and though it is a lower end scope it is a far better optic than the Swift.

Have owned 3 of the Swift 6-18x44 AO 669M scopes for up to three years now and all are mounted on centerfire rifles in 257R to 7x57 mauser. I don't hunt, just shoot paper at local private range, mostly 100 yard targets and occassionally 200 yard targets. All my Swifts have performed well with no problems. Optics in my Swift 669M scope are very acceptable to me with them being clear and bright at all power magnifications. I've no complaint about my Swift scopes. Gent I shoot with owns 2 or 3 Swift scopes, one or two on centerfire rifles and one on a 22 LR. He is quite scope savvy and doesn't mind buying the Leopolds, Sightrons and etc., which are quite commonly found on his rifles. Asked him one day for his opinion on Swift scopes. Basically he didn't endorse them or bad mouth them, that they were a decent scope for money they cost. Swift scopes are made in S. Korea. Swift website wording suggests scopes are made in USA, but actually you should interpret Swift info as their glass is Bak7 type Schott glass made in USA. By the way, you may want to check www.thesportsmonkey.com for prices on Swift scope.

Last edited:
I bought a swift premier for my Tikka T3, 300WSM. Seemed ok at the range, but first day hunting, the reticle came loose inside the scope. Discovered while sighting on a buck. Did not attempt the shot

I had been told it was just as good as a Leupold.....Now I own a Leupold.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.