Swift Scirocco

Brown Dog

Had some disappointingly explosive bullet performance 2 days ago: 300WM, Federal Classic ammo launching 180gr Sierra Pro-Hunter bullets.
2 beasts shot, one at 150m one at 165m, both quartering. In both cases entry was just behind the shoulder and exit was behind the diaphragm. Each exit hole was the size of a hand span and there was a lot of meat damage.

I'm new to the 300. I'd been all set to start reloading it with 165gr BTs (because I have a lot on the shelf for my 308) and then switch to 180 BTs.....but if a 'cheap and cheerful' conventional softpoint does this at 150m, what would a BT have done?!

Thus, my thoughts have turned to bonded bullets:

Accubonds are a distant dream this side of the pond; however Swift Sciroccos are available.

Is there any reason that I've never seen the Scirocco mentioned on this site?

Dog,
You got that wrong, lots of Sciroocco stuff here. Just do a SEARCH and you will find info.
Also consider the new Hornady Interbonds, come in boxes of 100 and are deadly and accurate.
Good luck, sounds like bonded bullets are what you need.
ian

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.