SWFA SS 10x Mil-Quad Scope

ntl5027

I have just recently ordered a swfa ss 10x scope and I was hoping for some feedback on what you think of the scope. Is it a well suited for long range hunting? Will it hold up to the 300 Weatherby mag cartridge? Any reviews or response are appreciated. thanks

YES it is well suited for long range, Yes it will put up with recoil. I have not had the new mil-quad reticle version but am looking forward to an excuse to get one so please let us know what you think of it after you use it.

I have the same scope but in 12x and I LOVE it. It's my favorite scope that I own and mostly because of the reticle. It's the most useful reticle I've ever used. Mine has 10 mils of drop below zero and I believe 5 mils above and to each side. I have actually used it very accurately to just holdover for a fast shot at 750 yards. I love how fine the reticle is for hunting. Not a big fan of it for paper. The fine lines tend to blend to easily with target grid lines. To target shoot with it I have to use a round bullseye style target.

Thanks for your view on this scope! I just finished up bedding my rifles stock. Need to get the scope rings and picantinny scope base yet. Then workup a good load with Nosler 200 grain accubonds. Cant wait for the new long range bullets Nosler is coming out with. I think I saw that the BC is .730.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.