Swarovski Z5 question

Wille

Would appreciate your comments on both Z5 scopes, 3.5-18x44 and the 5-25x52.

Since both have the same field of view at their lowest magnification that is 21.9 feet at 100 yards when I look thru the scope I will see the same in that magnification ???

For an extra $130.00 in cost you get losts more a 25x, do you loose anything ????

Thanks Wille

I think the 3.5-18 has a FOV of 30' on lowest power compared to 21.9' on the 5-25.

That's about it, try to look at each side by side. I have the 3.5-18, plenty for me but I would seriously look at the 25X. I will say these Z5's are really, really great scopes. as good as my nightforce at half the weight

I have a Swarovski 3.5-18x44 4W BT. It is a great scope and extremely light. Gathers light very well for a 44mm objective. Only limitation is that it only has about 13 moa of vertical which is plenty for me on my 7 stw light rifle.

I have two 3.5-18x44's and really like them. They are incredibly clear and bright. If I was going to get picky, I would say the eye box is not very forgiving at full mag. This probably helps with repeatable cheek weld, but it makes set-up more critical.

I have never felt like I was underpowered at 18x, and the weight is a huge factor on a light to medium weight rifle.

I've hunted a Z5 3.5-18 plex on my ULA 7rm. Love it. The plex reticle is about as thin as I'd want it, but its still usable at first light. Glass is amazing, great mag range, less than 16oz.

I got a 2-12x50 z6i for my 7stw this year. Love the lit 4a reticle. Awesome in the timber. I honestly wish I had the 2.5-15 or 3-18, as we have to have 3 pts or better here and looking for eyeguards at 300 yards is tough, but I found a great deal on the 2-12 so I went with it. Glass is amazing, but so is the Z5 for less $. The tipping point for me was the lit reticle, as we have lots of DARK timber here in the PNW.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.